R.I.P SUGARBABI

Muzza

As you may have seen in Prayers for Sugar, Cheri passed away around the end of June.

We are unable to give you any more info than this other than to say we knew she was very unwell in spite of some progress.

Thanks Sugar - for creating the Soda Shoppe and the fun we had there. The board will never be quite the same.

Muzza and Kiwi

I am so sorry for the loss of Cheri

My heartfelt condolences to her family

We all share the grief and are thankful for the happy memories she left behind,

Her wit and clever remarks come to mind.

Take comfort in God's love and may it bring her peace

The soul never dies, the spirit of love lives in our hearts and minds always

God Bless our SugarBabi

praypray

I think a passing like this touches us all - whether we knew the person or not. Without a doubt there is a real bond that has been formed through this message board. When one person hurts, we all hurt. When one person suffers, we all suffer.

Marv

Very sad news. I can't begin to say how much I loved emailing and exchanging laughs on myspace with her. I am so, so grateful to have had the opportunity to speak to her a few times on the phone, but I very much regret us never getting together for lunch, as we had discussed so many times. When I was down a few times musically, she was such a wonderful person to speak to and get pumped up from. It makes me happy to know that she told me several times that she got inspiration from listening to my music. I'm done waiting for tomorrow, Sugar! You will truly be missed.

All my love,

Pat

I will really miss the woman who allowed me to be an assistant manager at THE most successful fast food and music franchise in the world ...."Sugarbabi's Soda Shoppe"!

Here's to Cheri...The Ray Kroc and Colonel Sanders of thick shakes and Rock and Roll!

"If you believe in forever,

Then life is just a one-night stand,

If there's a Rock and Roll Heaven...

Then you know they got one hell of a band".

And Cheri...You're the leader of that band.

We miss you.-Ira.

I never met Cheri but I enjoyed the photo's she shared, the huge volume of jokes, messages and tidbits of information she sent. I looked forward to opening my mail to see what Cheri had come up with.

Cheri was so warm and welcoming to many of us, when we timidly made our first posts here.

I am deeply saddened to hear the news about Cheri. Cheri was such a vibrant woman with a keen wit and a zest for life. She touched so many of us in different ways. Though I never had the opportunity to meet her in person, we shared lots of laughs and serious chats during telephone conversations and emails. I so looked forward to playing her mind-boggling games on the board.

Death almost always brings in its wake a renewed awareness and reawakening of our own mortality. We should be thankful for the friends that we have made on this board, for each and every one has touched us in a different way and has made a difference in our lives.

My condolences and prayers are with Cheri’s family. She will be surely missed. crying

Oh, this is so sad--she has been in thought alot lately. She certainly left her mark here with all of us. What a special person--and such a wealth of information and trivia. She had a remarkable and quick wit and a caring and compassionate soul. She will be greatly and deeply missed. crying

I remember Cheri having a hard time finding her way around the L.A. HOB. Staff directions left a few of us trying to find our way. I'm sure she had a much easier time getting into heaven.

I didn't have a chance to play in the soda shoppe, but Cheri and I had some laughs during the tri you-know-what era. She'll be missed. Bless you, Cheri. Kirk.

I just heard about Cheri (Sugar) last night and had a very fitful sleep. I never met her although we tried 3 times to get together, but something always came up for her instead. Now I'm sorry I didn't go so I could meet the face that went with the voice I heard so often. She and I would talk for hours about everything and anything. The last time we spoke was during Dancing With the Stars, which had to be one of her most favorite shows. Just don't mention "Slug Boy" to her or you'd never get her off the phone.

Cheri, I'm not sure where you are right now, but just know you are missed by so many people whose lives you touched. My condolences to your kids Chris and Kim.

Mark

Such heart wrenching news. The Soda Shoppe was a great venue for her joie de vivre, and her bubbly personality. It just doesn't seem right that such a vibrant light has been dimmed.

Her family will be in my prayers, as well as those here who had the good fortune to know her as more than just a superlative participant.

Anne

I am so sad to hear about Sugarbabi (Cheri). She was quite a presence here on the Message Board with all of the regulars. What a sense of humor and we know that heaven is a better place because you made our lives here better as well. You will be missed. Condolences to her family.

Phil

This is really sad and shocking. SugarB was a riot and a huge personality. I got to know her during all the tri-fec-ta stuff (back when there were only three posting threads!) and I always liked her spunk and spirit. And like others have said, I'm sorry I didn't get to know her better. God bless you, Cheri....

--LC