What Happened To Pauliemississippi's Posts

TOMMY TUNES

Last night I looked at top posters list and found I was 5th. I knew that to be incorrect as I knew I was 6th behind Tony Cartmill last time I checked and since Tony was still ahead of me I doubted that we had both passed someone. I tried to remember who else was ahead of me last time but not now. I think it was Pauliemississippi. When I checked Pauliemississippi's count I saw no number next to him. This must be the answer. But why were Paulie's posts dropped? and will they be reinstated? Those are the questions.

I think I just solved the mystery about people disappearing from the Top Posters List on the Directory....

Been out of town since last Friday morning, and just posted for the first time again a few minutes ago....and I've been returned to the Top Posters List. Apparently, you're dropped if you're off the list for any extended period of time (5-6 days maybe?)

Haha. I can assure you there is nothing underhanded going on. The fact is that this Message Board mostly runs by itself. I have no idea what's under the hood! It's a little scary, especially when you consider the volume of posts here day after day, week after week, year after year. I do clean up posts where the poster made some mistakes in coding (mostly with quotes and links) and every now and then I also do some maintenance that is recommended, which includes clearing caches and that may wipe old posts that were deleted at a previous time. I suppose that affects post numbers, but rest assured that I don't go in and tinker with Member info.

As soon as I came back after a 5-6 day absence and posted once, my name reappeared among the Top Posters...same for Paulie. Posts aren't being wiped out, it's just some sort of automatic maintenance feature that drops you from the Directory list of Top (Active) Posters if you leave for a certain period. No harm done at all.......and I'm guessing no one would have noticed, had Tommy not brought it up.