"Dogs Is Good"

ira

Thanks Steve, my face is now a bright shade of red! Thank goodness no one is here to see it. You are too sweet, my friend.

Rich, my sister has a Keeshond- fantastic dog. My Sadie girl and her are best buddies. I will ask Sadie if she wants to 'go visit Sydney' and she goes right for the front door where I keep her leash and waits! She loves to ride in the car too.

I wish my son was that easy to please.... haha

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everybody has heard of my dogs by now. Penny (Lane)is my Blue Tick Beagle- sweet baby!

Sadie is my Chihuahua- fiesty little shit! HA!Thinks she's a tough Beagle. Nothing like coming home at the end of the day and having my babies greet me.

Dog's have been very special to me my whole life. Eventually I made a business out of them.

My plant closed in 2000, and left me unemployed. So I was trying to figure out what to do next. One day about eight years ago, I was cleaning up after the dogs in the back yard. Just like a light bulb illuminating over my head... there it was- pet waste removal. I had never heard of such a business, and thought I invented it on the 'spot'. Also thought that I had little to lose in giving it a shot. Worked my ass off, getting the business ready, and getting the word out. Flyers in all the vets, groomers, pet shops, and on all the doors in likely neighborhoods. I had to work nights for a friend to keep some cash flow. Got a few calls. Pretty soon I got a few more calls. About nine months in, it really started to take off.

Seven and a half years later, Doggie Duty Shovel Service is a solid business with dozens of clients, including the County Dog Park, and two Doggie Daycare facilities. I love working around the dogs, and working outside.

There's gold in them thar hills. laugh

Jay...I gues when you refer to Sadie as a "feisty little s&%t"...it's kinda a compliment considering that removing that stuff hasn't been a bad thing at all.

Congrats on your success in creating your own business.

I'm a teacher and my concept of retirement is never ever having to attend another meeing or sit on a commitee and for the most part be able to pick and choose the people I see.

And ohh yeah...To take even longer walks with a slightly older Styxx in a park somewhere in the Los Angeles area. cool -Ira!

I love dogs! They rock! They love you right back no matter what.

The pics of the doggies on here are priceless. If I were in your home...I'd be hugging your dog.

I don't have my own dog yet because I take care of my mom's two dogs.

This is Maggie - she is a French Briard spaz dog from hell! She is my shadow even sleeps with me at times. She's very fluffy and 11 years old.

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/0566/DSC00445.jpg

The other dog Mocha is a shepherd mix, 12 years old and on the way to checking out of life and moving on to the next. I hope she finds my daddy!

I want a Chihuahua...Joaquin Phoenix would be it's name. Sounds like a fun name for a Chihuahua!

Wendy:

whether one believes in this sort of thing or not...

when people speak of near-death experiences or past-life regressions..often times pets, as well as family members who have passed on are mentioned as "Greeters" or guides. I have no doubt Mocha hangs with your Dad!

Oh and Maggie is cute as heck!

John

Wendy:

whether one believes in this sort of thing or not...

when people speak of near-death experiences or past-life regressions..often times pets, as well as family members who have passed on are mentioned as "Greeters" or guides. I have no doubt Mocha hangs with your Dad!

Oh and Maggie is cute as heck!

John

Thanks John! While Mocha is still hanging with us, it's just a matter of time. But I DO believe animals are with you in the next life. I have 19 ratties waiting for me already! wink

PS: Mom said thank you, about Maggie...she is right at my feet as I type.