True Love Ways

darlene

I don't know if anyone else saw this, but there was a biography special on A&E about Ozzie and Harriet, and of course their family. It chronicled the entire family story and Rick's tragic accident. Just before he died, he was working on a recording of Buddy Holly's "True Love Ways," which he always loved, and I always

watch the rerun of this special, just to hear him

sing it. It was a very soulful, haunting rendition of it, and as usual I ended up weeping

listening to him sing. Another genius talent, and

one we lost too soon.

frown --Darlene

Darlene if you are a fan of Rick's, a couple cd's worth purchasing are by his sons Matthew & Gunnar. The first is titled "Brothers Harmony" and it is country-rock very much in the vein of Rick's latter-day music. The other disc is titled "Like Father Like Sons" and is the boys doing Rick's songs in a live concert.

MARVIN

• 1 month later...

Darlene if you are a fan of Rick's, a couple cd's worth purchasing are by his sons Matthew & Gunnar. The first is titled "Brothers Harmony" and it is country-rock very much in the vein of Rick's latter-day music. The other disc is titled "Like Father Like Sons" and is the boys doing Rick's songs in a live concert.

MARVIN

Hiya Marvin! We meet again! I am actually related to Gunnar and Matthew, and Tracy, and Mark Harmon -- so it's on the (Kris) Harmon side. Their (Kris and Mark's) sister Kelly was the "Tic Tac girl" for years. My maternal grandmother, Gladys, was a Harmon, and a second cousin to (NFL football player) Tom Harmon. So my relation to them is fairly distant. I've never met them -- at least, not that I remember. I'd love to, though! (I've been said to physically resemble Tracy; there are photos that I can see it in, but mostly, the similarity is in our speaking voices [little-girlish sounding!].) Bummer to be related to people like that and never get to know them.

frown

Thanks Laura! You oughta just take a deep breath and dive in with your pic! Faces are good. I can tell that people here are deeper than "surface" junk, which is one reason I braved it! wink

I hope to "see" you soon! (All of you!!) "Beauty's only skin deep -- yeah yeah yeah. . . ." (I'd take a photo of my heart and post it, but that rib-spreader's a bi*ch!) spin

Bright blessings and God bless!!

Sharon <--for Marvin wink

Marvin,

Cuz I am a "Beep!" haha

However, without music, I walked into everything. (I broke every toe on the wheels of our upright piano! Seriously!) (Not all at once, and never my big toes!!) Beep big-time klutz! See how much of a "Beep" I am?? eek

LOL! Actually, both of those two have had waist-length blonde hair. That runs in the family too, on both sides (my folks). I had waist-length blonde hair until 10th grade, when a "friend" volunteered to give me a more stylish haircut! UGH! Needless to say, I never did that again!! She chopped me to bits! It was like a comedy sketch, but tweren't funny at the time!! arrgh

Thanks Jennifer! My baby sis is a Jennifer, so I can remember that fairly easily! (I can't always remember everything very well, I'm afraid.)

BTW (everyone) -- if I ever post anything that sounds stupid, please be easy on me?? I've had two brain surgeries, I got arachnoiditis from it, and I'm on morphine 24/7. Indefinitely. So my brain doesn't always work!

I just lost a long post, and I'm near-rabid about it! (GRRRRRRRRRR!) (See how I jump from topic to topic without a decent segue?? DAIN-BRAMAGE!!)

Thanks in advance!! spin

LOL! I don't get high off of it at all, but just about anyone else would get sizzled at the dosage I'm taking! (I also have what I call "Narco-Pops" for breakthrough pain; they're oral transmucosal Fentanyl [lab-created morphine].) My moron neurosurgeon had his medical license revoked exactly one month after my second surgery. I was lucky. I could have died. I'm in a class-action lawsuit against both him and the hospital now. Oy! My life is never boring; I'll give you that! eek

Hi, Beep! You really created a wonderful and welcome stir on the board! Not only a dancer and

musician, but you're beautiful as well!!! (I'm sure you will cross paths with the Harmons/Nelsons

someday soon--talented people eventually connect!)

Yes, Julia, *I* loved the Nelsons waist-length blonde hair too!!! (We seem to be attracted to the

same things!) I loved Eric's hair, short and long,

brown and blond too, (but I remember how debated

THAT subject became--see thread entitled "Eric's

Hair")

Anyway, I think Beep will certainly light up the

board a lot with a great personality, warmth and

sense of humor!

smile --Darlene

Beep-

I think you make great sense. Most people here jump from topic to topic anyway, so you fit right in. smile Thanks for the comment about the picture, maybe one of these days I will be brave.

I hope that you get better soon. Maybe I can follow you OK because I'm a nurse, I am used to people talking under the influence of medication! spin

Hi Darlene and Laura,

My ISP went offline for some reason earlier tonight, and I fell asleep! I missed all of the nice things you were saying about me, darnit! wink

I'm still not really awake, so I'll write more tomorrow. If you can't get my picture (scritching head over why someone would want to look at it! LOL!), the URL provided to Author's Den also has my photo. (I haven't done a lot of work with AD yet, but there's a little there. One of my songs that has been on hold a million times but never released is on there too.) My dinky link to my dinky ATT homepage has photos as well. And the link to my profile on FR has a bunch of photos at the bottom of it.

I am so not making sense -- even to myself! I'd better finish going to sleep, and wait to make sense tomorrow! (There is a song in there somewhere, but I'd just kill it tonight! **g**)

zzz

PS: Beep, you are a Nashville SONGWRITER and lyricist???!!! I would love to see you and Eric do

a collaboration.....

smile --Darlene

Oh HEAVENS, Darlene! You are so nice, and so sweet, and I only WISH I could have a shot at collaborating with a genius songwriter like Eric! I have only written with Keith, and with Rick Paul (internet collaboration w/Rick). Although my IQ is in the genius range, it doesn't necessarily make me a genius songwriter! (No matter how much I'd like to think it does! **g**)

I don't even have an affiliation with ASCAP anymore -- except through who I write with! I doubt I'd join up with any of them until I got a cut, or a GOOD chance at one anyway. Then I'd prefer SESAC, honestly, but they are extremely picky and very "elitist." (Read: "expensive") I'd probably end up at ASCAP. BMI is horrible about doling out royalties! (They hold onto your money as long as they can to make more interest for themselves.)

Despite my sleepy protests (I'm still awake, albeit on more drugs! Great! spin ), I would LOVE to be afforded such a wonderful opportunity, and you're a sweetheart for even putting the DREAM in my head! spin

Cool! Dream Theme set, Ambien kicking in, ready to dare to dream, Ma'am!! And off she goeth. . . .

zzz

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Laura:

<strong> Beep-

I think you make great sense. Most people here jump from topic to topic anyway, so you fit right in. smile Thanks for the comment about the picture, maybe one of these days I will be brave.

I hope that you get better soon. Maybe I can follow you OK because I'm a nurse, I am used to people talking under the influence of medication! haha

What I have doesn't take to recuperation well, I'm afraid. I had surgery for Arnold-Chiari malformation, and wound up with arachnoiditis from the surgery or the imaging required to diagnose and "treat" it! I am how I am. If I ever woke up and wasn't in pain, I'd think I was dead! wink