What Was On Your Christmas Day Menu?

The Kiwi Connection

I would guess that, since a lot of us are super busy these days, mashed potatoes are a rare dish due to the prep work involved!

Prime rib is a very tender cut of beef that is also a treat usually reserved for a nice restaurant!!

does anyone know what makes up the menu for a traditional Italian christmas eve dinner of the "12 fishes?" (is it 12 or what?)

Coming to AZ to visit with our daughter Kim, Kenzie and I had a wonderful XMAS dinner at Dave Smalley's with Dave's Kim cooking up a fantastic Turkey, Chestnut stuffing, Sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry salad. Great wine and even better company. Great relaxing time. You all should have been here.

Well Anne, as long as it doesn't involve road kill... for some reason I'm envisioning Gene going out for a leisurely walk in the woods to take a few nature shots. He happens upon a possum sleeping in his path, reaches into his pocket and pulls out his trusty little sling-shot - no, b-b gun. Intending to fire off a warning shot to scare it off, he hits the darned thing. He wonders - is this good eating? eek The rest is history? Or something like that. :p

Well we started with a wonderful (if I do say so myself) bacon and egg pie, along with all manner of eggs, sausage, bacon, etc. Truly a cholesterol and sodium nightmare. crazy

Lunch was pork roast, taters and gravy, salads and veggies.

It was back to New Zealand for dinner including some to die for lamb, ham, roasted potatoes, carrots, parsnips, pumpkin, green beans , and some pumpkin soup with cream, sherry, and chives, that just cannot be described. Do you guys always eat that good down there, Muzza?

It was back to New Zealand for dinner including some to die for lamb, ham, roasted potatoes, carrots, parsnips, pumpkin, green beans , and some pumpkin soup with cream, sherry, and chives, that just cannot be described. Do you guys always eat that good down there, Muzza?

When I can get away with it. laugh I guess it was a bit much to expect you to have roast Kumara as well. :rolleyes:

And Kirk... explain Farina patties confused

Muzza cool

Muzza- I don't think anybody else here has heard of them, either. It's from the Greek side of my family. It's got farina (lately cream of wheat), sugar, milk, walnuts browned in butter and a hint of coffee, topped with cinnamon. That's most of the ingredients but none of the cooking directions :rolleyes: They're like manna from heaven. I could eat them every day smile -Kirk.

Very traditional. Roast Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce, green beans with onions, homemade buttermilk biscuits and pumpkin pie with whipped cream for dessert. And we're both on calorie counting diets. So that was just about my "last hurrah" in eating for the day!

smile --Darlene

http://www.kumara.co.nz/

Here is a link that tells you about Kumara and it has some pics and recipes.Which will be pointless, cos you can't get them "State Side" laugh

You might be able to substitute them for one of your varities of sweet potato though!

I like them either roasted or boiled with mint sauce on them.