Mel Gibson's wife files for divorce......

hollies65

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by TOMMY TUNES:

Quote:
Originally posted by JuliaD:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hollies65:

<strong> He's worth almost a billion dollars. Ouch!

Well, now he's worth almost a half-billion haha
As a man who has recently been divorced and lost more than half of his estate to a cheating ex who had very little input in building the estate I find no ha-ha humor in this post.
Tommy, can you explain how a smart guy like you could get screwed over so bad? Is the system that messed up? What is the justification for your ex getting more than half, when she's the one who cheated? Is there something you are leaving out? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Heh...hope it never happens to you Tony. It makes NO DIFFERENCE who cheated...it's called 'no fault' and most states have it.

Maybe it's just me but if I elected to pull one of my posts (which I have done in the past), I would sort of hope or expect, just as a matter of respect or courtesy, no one would repost it.

I guess this is directed at me. Sorry but I re-posted it before Eric removed it, so I had no idea he didn't want it there.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by hollies65:

He's worth almost a billion dollars. Ouch!

As a man who has recently been divorced and lost more than half of his estate to a cheating ex who had very little input in building the estate I find no ha-ha humor in this post.
Oh, pleezeeeeeee. Many here have been thru what you have, a short 5 years ago my husband spent the night of our 32nd wedding anniversary in a hotel bed with another woman, and the rest of my life was "threatened" by the possibility of his leaving me. I choose to keep my sense of humor about it. If you choose not to, that's your perogative. But don't turn it into a pity party. I have little sympathy for someone left with "only" half a billion.

I just received the following e-mail from The James Harem's Personnel Director:

"Mel Gibson's soon to be ex-wife has just applied for admission into The James Harem. She stated she is able to bring in a dowry of up to $500,000,000. James, please advise"..

frown

Well, since Marvin has re-posted my original, I'm not going to bother pulling it again.

As you all must know by now, I am someone who is in favor of the INCLUSIVE rather than the EXCLUSIVE.

I'm not going to lie to you. I think Mel Gibson is a complete jerk.

In the world I want to live in, people believe the things I've just read on this message board, not the hate and bigotry of Mel's radical beliefs.

I thank you all for being accepting. That is the way to make this world better.

I have no use for people who would drive a wedge between us.

I find it interesting that Mel chose the one gospel (out of four) that paints the Jews as "Christ killers". The other three do not.

That tells me a lot about Mel.

I celebrated Easter Sunday with my brother and his wife's wonderful Italian Catholic family. They are the nicest people in the world, and we have the utmost love and respect for each other.

I know in my heart and soul, that is the way God wants us to be.

e

Without a doubt Eric God did intend for us to be at peace And it starts with a simple common courtesy of good manners and respect for each other despite our beliefs I guess Mel never heard of the brotherhood of man And those that agree with him are the driving force of putting that wedge in place And should take a bow for their ignorance Thats why the world is so dangerous today

I don't care if your, black, white, purple, pink, orange, Catholic, Jewish,Christian, athiest, homosexual, straight, Bi,,,whatever....when we are cut, we all bleed red...some are idiots and some are not...your mind, heart and soul determine what type of a human being you are....some were absent the day they gave those things out..to put it kindly...we don't have to agree with each other, but lets just keep in mind that things are not..."cut and dry"...there will always be two or more sides to everything...keep an open mind.

ok...my "soapbox" for today....Love you guys..Peace

Well, since Marvin has re-posted my original, I'm not going to bother pulling it again.

It would not have been possible for me to re-post Eric's message AFTER he removed it. I re-posted it while it was still viewable for everyone, and I only used it as background about Mel's song preference: "Tonight" or "Ecstacy." wink

Shelly - I am curious about the purple,pink and orange people you mentioned in your post. I have heard about them all of my life, in addtion to blue and green people. I would appreciate it if you would tell me where these people live so that I can go there, meet them and expand my knowledge of human beings. I assume they are human. (Yes this is a joke).

I'm no expert on Mel Gibson. I don't know a whole lot about him except I love some of his work, and viscerally have always liked him.

But he has his beliefs. And that's not so cool in 2009. If he believes certain types of good people will go to hell, I'm sure he's not happy about that. But it's what he believes is the truth, and there's nothing inherently evil about believing that. It's the truth as he honestly sees it.

If he's asked about his beliefs, he states what his beliefs are. An honest guy can do no other. In fact it takes guts for him to honestly say what he believes as he knows he'll be ridiculed by most of us.

The guy made a mistake with the slur a few years ago. I'd guess most of us have done worse. And I think Gibson has apologized and sought help (I think).

To me, we in the "brotherhood of man" would be respecting the brotherhood of man best by not pouncing on a guy when tragedy (divorce) hits his life.

On the contrary maybe it's best we wish him well, or for those that believe in God, pray for him.

Ecstasy - Thanks for clearing that up for me! Yes, we do love them regardless. However, it is the safety of the Purple People that concerns me. I think it was in the 1950s that there was something called a "One-eyed, One-horned, Flying Purple People eater" running amuk and unchecked. Of course, in those days there were many scary things and situations running amuk and going beserk. I don't know how many of the precious Purple People were lost, perhaps you have some idea.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by hollies65:

He's worth almost a billion dollars. Ouch!

So, this is why I like living ... and divorcing in Georgia?! ... counselor raspathens may concur ... ??

Quote:

Quote:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hollies65:

Oh, pleezeeeeeee. Many here have been thru what you have, a short 5 years ago my husband spent the night of our 32nd wedding anniversary in a hotel bed with another woman, and the rest of my life was "threatened" by the possibility of his leaving me. I choose to keep my sense of humor about it. If you choose not to, that's your perogative. But don't turn it into a pity party. I have little sympathy for someone left with "only" half a billion. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm speechless. All I can think of is the wise words at the bottom of each of JohnO's posts "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience". Not that I'm calling anyone an idiot. Idiot would not be my word of choice; insensitive, small minded...there's some words.

Quote:

Quote:

Tommy, can you explain how a smart guy like you could get screwed over so bad? Is the system that messed up? What is the justification for your ex getting more than half, when she's the one who cheated? Is there something you are leaving out? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tony,

Thanks for the compliment. NJ is a no fault state and I believe NJ law favors the woman especially if you have been married 20+ years. They probably are sexist in that they infer that the woman could never accomplish the same as a man unless aided by the man so they are assureed of at least 50% regardless of their input or cicumstances. My wife thought I was smarter than her too and that probably had a lot to do with my loss as she always figured I must have some hidden money and wasted much of her lawyer's time (time = $) on checking every bank/Brokerage firm transaction over the past few years thereby wasting me and my lawyer's time (time = $). You get to the point where you get tired of seeing your money going to pay for your lawyer's kids college fund insteads of your own childrens' and you give in more than half just to get the thing done figuring your kids have a better shot at the money if it goes to your ex than they do ny it going to the 2 attorneys. Throw in the high blood pressure and head pains I experienced and you can't keep fighting.

In conclusion she got more than 50% of the assets and permanent alimony even though she has a great job (Teacher with tenure and GREAT benefits)that I got her along with a college degree that I paid for and a Masters Degree that we both paid for. Me, I got high blood pressure.

Well, this thread has two of explosive ingredients most people go off on--divorce and religion.

I agree with Eric--whatever ANYONE'S beliefs are, just beause you accept the person, doesn't mean you accept his/her beliefs, religion, lifestyle, etc. It is possible to like and even LOVE people who are different from us. Or maybe you like their talent, but don't like them as a person. That's possible too. There are some real jerks out there that I have to admit have talent I admire. George Szell was a monumental one. Both a monumental talent and a monumental jerk.

As for Mel's divorce, only his wife knows how she feels. But she did stay with him a long while, and with today's mores and their money/lifestyle, I doubt it was solely "because of the kids."

Everyone's marriage situation and how they handle it is different. I have to admit that being left with only half a billion is no reason for complaint. Hey, if she goes to Hell, she might unfortunately meet Mel there! Or not.

If she does, for her, that will probanly be REAL Hell! wink

smile --Darlene