A tune I wrote for recent news events where I live

STUT 5, why would you have this song , now , this time of the year, and of all, when everyone

is happy that the new website has great new content on it, are trying to break everyones

happiness.

No one wants to hear that crap now, it's Christmas season.

Hey Gord Merry Christmas. I put a lot of time and effort into that crap.If you don't like it don't listen to it.The song depicts in a very real manner what can happen to an individual who wants to commit horrific crimes.My wife was one hour away from being a possible sniper victim at the Exxon station in fredericksburg where a mans life was tragically ended by these freaks.They were also customers at the store where my daughter was working at the time.Police came in and seized the store records.So this topic is somewhat close to home.If your offended by the content than don't listen.This section is an open forum for discussion.The timeline of the trial and my recording just happens to be this time of year.Next week I will post just for you a nice beautiful Christmas Carol Of my 11 year old singing O Come O ye Faithful.You Know...People in Ohio are going through the same thing we went through last year.I don't know where you live but believe me when you drive your kids to school and have them jump out and run for the door it is very scary.when you pull up to a stoplight next to the woods and duck down until it turns green it's not a fun way to live.So be glad Muhammed and his little friend will not be able to do this again. Merry Christmas Stu

Stu,

I think it's cool. You've got kind of like a dissonant ELO/Marilyn Manson thing going on there in the verse/chorus. Not sure about the electrocution bridge, though :-) Did you take a look at shortening that part or maybe just relegating it to the drum break. The rest of it is rather catchy. I dig it.

Definitely worth a listen.

Bernie

Thanks so much Bernie that means a great deal to me.And you know your the second person to tell me about that section I think I will heed to the listener and zip it back into pro tools and do some editing.and thanks again for giving it a listen.As a musician/songwriter the thing that I need the most is constructive feedback.Happy Holidays Bernie you made my night

Darlene, Thank you I appreciate your comments.I do write other stuff that is more towards the center of the pop world.Thanks for listening. Stu

Kirk, Thanks for listening.Is this the same Paul Williams who wrote Old Fashioned Love song.I'm not familiar with Phantom of Paradise.Thanks for your comments. Stu

Stu,

Nice job on the recording! Production is well done. Pro Tools is COOL! The bridge is odd, but I understand what you were doing there. Reminds me of a tune back in the late 70's called DOA. Don't remember who it was by. Fredricksberg? My son is a manager at the Ryan's Restaurant somewhere near there. Love to hear more of your stuff. Once again, Great job.

Stut, that song shows some real talent. I could hear that song playing on one of several soundtracks of those violent movies Hollywood and independent filmakers love to make. Tarantino or Scorsese, and their wanabees might eat that moody song up. Not my kind of music, but it is good for what it is.

I'm gonna play it on a repeat loop all through Christmas dinner at Gord's house. mad

Speaking of Paul Williams: Good songwriter, but one of the most cringe-inducing singing styles ever. To this day, when my brother wants to make fun of a singer or singing style. He does his Paul Williams impersonation, and we all instantly feel the hairs rise on the back of our necks, and his dog runs into the other room.

I do like a few of his compositions like the timeless classic Bernie mentioned, the love theme from Travolta's "Boy in the Plastic Bubble", and "Travelin' Boy", sung by Art Garfunkel. If there is a "Best of" Williams CD out there (SUNG BY OTHER ARTISTS!) I'd love to own it. Marvin, Matthew? Turn on the human computer brains please...

Wow all of you guys are great.Gord you too.Thanks for the card.

Hey Tony "Tarantino",I like that

Mam DOA good call I was going for the odd ominous erie type thing there since that subject is so bizarre.Your son is manager of Ryans steakhouse. I have been there many times.Next time I will look him up. Eveyone thanks for giving it a listen. As a part time musician/songwriter feedback really helps to inspire me when I'm staring at a blank sheet of paper and 88 keys. Later Stu laugh

A couple other Paul Williams tid bits. My neighbor in West L.A. was Paul's music director when Paul was doing Vegas, etc. One time when I saw Paul open for the Carpenters he remarked that he once got third place in a Haley Mills look alike contest. Pretty funny! Kirk.

Woah Stu that is one eerie song! The sound (tone) and lyrics gave me goose bumps. I don't know a thing about Marilyn Manson so I can't comment on any resemblance, but I sure hear touches of Pink Floyd in there. Not sure about that middle section either, a bit too scary for my tastes! The coda is also very interesting.

Marvin

Marvin

I was'nt sure what a coda was so I looked it up.That section has an odd quality to it because it seems odd to hear an 11 year old singing such a weird phrase which I think makes that section work.Originally there was just the chorus and it seemed lame to me.So I had my daughter do a little solo before the choir (my Family) comes in behind her. The middle section I think I will lose at least half of it or more and then go righ into the Lights Grow Dim and Flicker part.

Thank you for listening Later Stu

Stu-I listened to your song, and it was pretty cool. I will be the first to admit that I know nothing about the writing/production side of the music business, and nothing about anyone who I can compare your music, but I found it haunting and moving. Thanks for posting it on the site. In the early 80's we had a serial killer around the area who randomly killed like 7 people. I can understand the fear. The song reminded me of the fear that was in the area until they caught him and put him away, then executed him.