So What's Everyone Doing For The Summer?

The Kiwi Connection

I am playing in my garden! I grow a lot of organic vegetables and fruits along with my many, many, many flowers.

I'm growing a vegetable/fruit garden too and its coming along nicely. I'm also off to the beach and swimming in the pool.

Otherwise, I'm still doing my usual job of working on stuff for the band and I'm going to go to Decatur on Aug. 1 for a show on the 2nd. I'd like to travel more with them, but as I have mentioned, I also take care of my elderly mom.

So that it for me, Kiwi! I LOVE summer! heartpump

Originally posted by WendyWorld:

Quote:
I'm growing a vegetable/fruit garden too and its coming along nicely. I'm also off to the beach and swimming in the pool.
Word! Wendy, I envy you living near the beach! I love the water and the beach and I'll bet it is beautiful there in the O.C.!! My father grows a garden and has been supplying me with lots of fresh produce. I love to cook (when I have the time), and Summertime is one of my favorite times to cook with all of the fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables. I'm a Nurse, but I only work part-time. Looks like the rest of July I will be working some extra hours though. I work in the Community Education Dept. and we have lots of back-to-school events and festivals this time of year. I wish it were Summer all year long though!

Hi Kiwi !! What AM I doing ?? laugh Let's see..working...it seems there's never a "slow" time at the hospital...doing a few concerts (still waiting patiently for the BIG concert announcement.. if you know what I mean wink ), some whitewater rafting trips, and...for a little extra fun...I'm taking flying lessons !! Summer's just never long enough...is it ?

Kiwi,

For me it's been a busy summer so far... we've gone on a Disney cruise, the girls have gone to GS camp(getting them ready for that was a challenge), going camping for a few days over the July 4th holiday, then the girls went to North Carolina for a week with Grandma, work, work and more work, now we have a bit of a rest before we leave for Colorado for a week to camp in our pop-up camper. Then after that.... we only have 2 weeks until school starts! Whew!!!!

I'll be ready when school starts so I can get some rest! zzz

Cvveting my neighbours' gardens, praying for my son, saving up for a new TV and radio, cursing the landlord about the mold, uh, just noticing we finally have rain, thinking the guy I covet is now a loser (or maybe not), wishing I had the will to knit and crochet again (because they are NOT old ladies' hobbies), wishing away impending menopause, entertaining a young cat, and I sure miss "Boston Legal"!

Did I mention lighting a candle to get into the bathroom? True. And I need to get to the hardware store to replace the fluosrescent tubes.

Oh, and employing my daughter for vacuuming the floor. (She doesn't realise it's work for money yet.)

The best part, listening to any music I can and catching the pictures Monday mornings (second only to potato salad, which I seem to crave.)

Hey Kiwi!

You mean besides working?

A little gardening(Tomatoes are coming along nicely.), keeping company with my cat, and planning an early fall vacation! The last item is what's keeping me going. Probably going up to Maine to enjoy the coastline and the LOBSTERS there! I've never met a lobster I didn't like. laugh

Like Marlene I too am waiting any day now for an important announcement about a certain favorite band around here. pray

Guest Fresh

Finding a decent used-car for my oldest,who will be a freshman in college this fall.Also,refinished my deck,which was starting to look pretty bad from UV damage.Looks like new again.For fun,I dug my baritone sax out of the basement and try to play at least an hour a day when nobody is at home.Sadly,it appears I will not be attending any Raspberries concerts,although that would be the icing on my cake!

I have a huge summer to-do list that I'm knocking out. Like got new deck, making curtains, painted the kitchen cabinets, build a new headboard, and transplanting 479,000 irises! Not really that many ,of course, but it sure feels like it! That's not nearly the whole list so between work and my projects I'm keeping pretty busy!

We're going to try to get to the beach for a few days this fall--*if* we can get away from the restaurant. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Well, I've got my two little grandsons every day so it's always interesting working around them. Annie just finished her photography class over at the local college so I was running her back and forth to that (John was a darling and did the evening runs for supplies like extra film LOL.) Now I'm helping the kids get ready for County Fair --- Annie's got 10 photos going in this year, Brian's taking a crack at baking and computer spreadsheets. Once we get that wrapped up Annie heads up to camp to work with children and John and I go off to Vegas for a Rod Stewart concert.

In between we revamped our bedroom! Annie tore out the paneling and sheet vinyl for us. Laura and John spackled the walls. Laura painted for us while her husband, Brad, and our Christopher put in a new floor. Then everyone took turns moving the furniture upstairs. Exhausting but beautiful! With John's schedule this never could have happened without our kids!

• 2 weeks later...