If you won $100,000,000.00....

James

James, That's what I love about you--you are so solid! Mine would change in that I would probably retire sooner, purchase a Stradivarius or an Amati and start auditioning for music schools. Other than that, I love my life.

I am a sweepstaker. I enter sweepstakes, although not as often as I should. Your thread made me realize I have to devote more time to this hobby. My last win (after the Sunbeam gas grill) was a pair of beautiful Bolle sunglasses.

I don't need 100 million--just a few would be fine. If I *did* win a sizeable amount, I would make a huge donation to Raspberries--the most worthy cause I can think of--to help them spread the Raspberries gospel throughout the land.

smile --Darlene

The people who won the Powerball last month said that they were going to keep thier jobs and stay in thier same house. DRIVES ME NUTS! 340 million, I hope they're going to be charitible with it. Otherwise why did they buy a ticket? I would use it wisely, I would sponsor a Raspberries tour. I'd have McCartney open for them.

Boy, how many times have I thought that one through! The stress would be crazy, but I wouldn't mind trying.

Nice big store, nicer house, bigger boat, bay vacation house with a boat dock, lots of savings. Doesn't hurt to dream.

Reminds me of the Bacon Brothers song, "guess again".

Fun stuff, dreaming, and it's free. smile

One thing I WON'T do is buy stock with it. The CEOs are all in it for themselves in the short term, and not overly concerned with the duties that the stockholders have entrusted them with.

Not only would people with minds that hate will have to wait(paraphrasing Lennon), but so will the CEO's.

Part-ownership in a sports team(Detroit Lions, perhaps?)

I'd buy a house---but only a few special items in it----recording studio, bar, and jacuzzi. And still would drive a Ford Ranger pickup truck. I don't need jewelry or excessive amounts of clothes.

Plus a couple of seasonal houses, with basic living provisions in strategic locations----one in Southern Connecticut, and on the island of Paros in Greece. And rent them out most of the year.

Take a bunch of Chernobyl kids over to Thailand for vacation. Good for the kids to get out and forget they are on chemo, and also help the Thais to recover economically, after the tsunami.

Spend most of the time working on music-related activities, namely getting ready for my CD and supporting tour.

Set up some tour dates for some Cleveland band. Particularly in Tokyo, Seattle, Calgary and Manchester....

I'm with BeatleJay! Muscle cars from the 70's! My first car was a '73 Barracuda -- boy! would I love to own that car now! My Dad had a Charger -- gave it to my brother for his '76 high school graduation. My boyfriend, at the time, drove a Challenger. I LOVED that car! If I had unlimited funds, I'd go with the Barracuda or Challenger (sigh). I'd also support my favorite charities smile

Sounds nice. My Charger was a 73 with a 340. My GTX was really tough. It was a 73 , but the motor was from a 68 and was a 440 with a 4 barrel carb. Got a whopping 10 miles per gallon. It was a cool metallic emerald with black interior with buckets and a rally dash. Can you tell that I miss it?

100 mill? Hmmm. Well, I wouldn't quit work, I'd BUY it. Then I'd never have to worry about our numbers.... That's #1. Second, I'd put away a big hunk so my daughters will get all the college they can handle. Third, new house for my folks and sisters and brother. Fourth, a couple new houses for us. Maybe one in Cleveland. Why not? Fifth, I'd relaunch the music magazine I edited in the 1980s and early 1990s. I loved it. Cover story in re-launch: Raspberries. Sixth, a Jaguar. Seventh, a serious home theater upgrade---like maybe a real theater. Eighth, I've always wanted to buy a baseball team. Doesn't have to be the Yankees or anything; a minor-league team is fine. The Savannah Sand Gnats even. And I'd take batting practice whenever I wanted. Ninth, speaking of the Yankees, season passes at Yankee Stadium, with a private jet to get me there. Tenth, dole out checks to my favorite charities. In fact, I'd move that up the list a lot, because you don't want to be known as one of those stingy millionaires.

Do I have any $$ left over?