"Madonna,Angelina" ,etc.

ira

I am decidedly mixed in my opinions about the sincerity of the adoptive actions of Madonna,Jolie,etc.

Here's the latest news on Madonna's Malawi adoption efforts.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/0...t_rejected.html

Wadda you guys and gals think about these two ladies and their adoptions of children from less privileged countries?

I'm more than curious to read the opinions of the EC.com community.-Ira.

A timely topic.

And it's not just women from the wealthier countries adopting from the "less priviledged nations", but the reverse is also going on.

And unfortunately, I know of this first hand.

You see, Gabriela Sabatini (Argentinian), Salma Hayek (Mexican) and Shania Twain (Canadian) have all recently filed the required legal papers to adopt me (James). When it was brought to each of their attentions that James is not a child, they stated that my age was not relevant, and to quit injecting nonsense into the issue. When I brought up the fact that I'm a free spirit, and really don't want to be owned by anybody, they would have none of that either.

In fact Salma Hayek got pissed, and said James' druthers had nothing to do with anything. She then commanded her attorney to file a "motion to expedite the adoption, and eventual ownership of James"..

frown

Knowing I was in a heap of trouble, I had to pull out my ace in the whole. I called on the U.S. State Department to get involved, and protect a very important U.S. citizen (me).

Well, to make a long story short, my request went all the way up to the Secretary ( LuvLove ). When Hillary learned that three foreign hussies were trying to expropriate James, she blew her top (the lamp issue with Bill was nothing compared to this).

First she told me that if I wasn't such a male tart, none of this would be happening..

frown

Then she said she would take action, so that she would never have to share James again.

Oh boy..

So Hillary got to thinkin, and over the protestation of her advisors, she proposed that all hot foreign chicks interested in James (in effect all hot foreign chicks) should be sent to Gitmo!!

Oh lands!! Is there anything a jealous female won't do to protect her interests??!!

Well, I knew this was a doozy, and would cause an international crisis. But I had no idea how to get out of this one.

But then I got to thinkin, and....

To Be Continued....

John, you're absolutely right. We toured one of the shelters when we first got our foster license... devastating isn't strong enough. The systems is flooded with children who need a loving home and family... flooded isn't strong enough. Having adopted two children that way who have turned out to be amazing young adults, can you tell this is a very emotionally charged topic for me? Wherever you adopt a child, fine, but do it for the child, not for your own ego!!!

A timely topic.

But then I got to thinkin, and....

That this would include Miss Kiwi (that's Muzza's hot chick) and she might be unhappy with me about that. I need to rethink my "ban" hot foreign chicks policy........

Just thought I'd help your story along a bit James. laugh

Muzza cool

I LOVE John's reference to local adoption w/o the "cameras rolling".

Ya kow...Recently I figured out the lyrics to the Animals' "It's My Life"...which came out over 43 years ago.

See if you can find the lyric I am referring to....

http://www.mp3lyrics.org/a/animals/its-my-life/

Interesting that the writer of this song understood smart the "wealthy woman of questionable motives" phenomenon..."All Those Years Ago""!

....You see, Gabriela Sabatini (Argentinian), Salma Hayek (Mexican) and Shania Twain (Canadian) have all recently filed the required legal papers to adopt me (James).....

haha you're so funny James! Here a gift for you. It's a very current photo: Guillermo Vilas, Gabriela Sabatini and Gaston Gaudio, the three glories of Argentine tennis together for the first time in a pic, in Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/archivo/anexos/fotos/38/365238.jpg