If you were a plant or an animal...,

Carmen Smalley

If I was an animal, I'd come back as my cat. He's the most spoiled animal on earth. He's also lots of fun - he plays fetch with me, sleeps on the bed with me, gets cuddles all the time, sleeps a lot of the time, and occasionally gets hassled by a little boy who wants to play with the "puddy tat". He's also beautiful, and cats can have an attitude of superiority that dogs can't get away with. Of course, if I was a cat, I'd also have to have an owner who is totally besotted by cats and treats me well. There are so many terrible stories of people abusing animals. I get madder at those than people who are violent to each other - poor animals don't do anything to harm people intentionally, yet some people can be so cruel to them. I'm such a softy when it comes to my 'furry children".

happy

If I were a plant, I'd want to be something wonderfully exotic. A Bird of Paradise, for their appearance, or a gardenia for the intoxicating scent.

I am a true animal lover, and they're all precious to me, but if I were to be one, I think I'd choose being a giraffe. They're so graceful and elegant, have the most gorgeous eyelashes, and they are vegetarians, they don't kill to survive. And unlike my cat, Nikita, they don't have to lick their own butt after they go potty. crazy

If I were a flower or plant, I'd want to be a Jasmine blossom. They are so simple and beautiful with a fragrance that is unforgettable.

And, if I were an animal...I'd want to be a kitty...a BIG roaring kitty..lol, true to form for a Leo. I'd rule the jungle !!

If I could be an animal, I would be either of my three pets, my childhood dog, Jingles, parakeet, Tippy or my last parakeet, Pete. They were all smothered with love and lived very happy lives.

If I were a plant, I would want to be a beautiful, white gardenia. They are so pure and fragrant. They open the longest--from May to July.

If I couldn't be a gardenia, I would be a tropical hibiscus. They are pure eye candy. I'd start out being a bright bright coral one, but I'd want to change every time a flower bloomed. There is actually a variety called "Kirk's Purple" and it's gorgeous. I would make sure I was that, at least once!

smile --D

All these posts about people wanting to be Kitties, Lions or big showy flowers leads to the question - how many of you are LEOS? I am, and Eric is...

Maybe it's something about the allignment of the planets that makes us love Eric's music, as well as wanting to all the similar plants or animals.

Of course, if all Leos loved Eric's music, 1/12 of the world's population would be fans. Even if you just take a sampling from Canada - with 31 million people - that's 2.58 million people in Canada alone who love Eric!

Yes, Michelle, I am a Leo. August 12 is my birthday.

I actually had the chance to see Eric perform with the Dirty Dancing Tour on HIS birthday in Denver. He was fantastic ! We sent back some balloons at the beginning of the concert and when Eric came out and said "Yes, it is my birthday", everyone, all of the other singers and dancers and the entire audience sang "Happy Birthday" to him. It was so much fun ! RRROOOOAAAARRRR !!! wink

I'd like to be a cat also. So I could have a gormet dinner of Chinese Mouse or Russian Hampster.

And JuliaD, a giraffe would be cool too. You would always have the best view. And even though a giraffe doesn't have to lick it's butt, that neck does give it the satisfaction of knowing it could if it wanted to.

Virgo Tony

Eric is indeed a Leo. I remember when we went to The Bottom Line to see his solo opening, my girlfriend, who was very much into astrology, asked him what his sign was. His reply was "Leo...DOUBLE." She thought that was really cool and yakked for awhile about his moon being in Leo or whatever. She said that made him very commanding and very cool. That's all I know about astrology.

smile --D

The Chinese mouse is a Virgo.22-9-1967.Tony.Chinese mice are snakes¥food so you are one of them!That¥s why you¥re so poisonous.

1967 is year of the sheep. Plus, I don't think Tony was born in 1967. At least, I "Think" that's what Carmen said - I get so confused!

On the Chinese calender there is a rat, or a snake, but no mouse listed. I'm still confused - if Tony was a Chinese mouse, doesn't that just make him potential snake poop, not 'poisonous'?

The original question was a little bizarre, but somehow it's generated many comments about the zodiac. Staying on topic, I can't imagine being a plant of any kind, and if I were an animal, I'd like to be a well-cared-for cat, living a life of comfort! I have to suppose I'd actually like the taste of cat food.

Jennifer