Rough Night

Julie

So, my hubby is in the house tonight preparing for surgery tomorrow. Nothing serious, but still a worry. I go out in the yard to say goodnight to my Father-in-law and as I'm walking across the driveway, one of my kitties comes flying around the corner and collided with my leg throwing me to the ground.

I couldn't move, it knocked the wind right outta my sails. Laid there a long time and just couldn't get up. I had left my phone in the house. Hubby was making numerous trips to the bathroom and didn't realize I was in any trouble. When it started getting dark, I got scared and kinda panicky--we live out in the country and really cold. I started throwing gravel at the house hoping to break a window. Anyway, after an hour and a half, my hubby finally wondered what happened to me and found me. He had to pick me up. Good grief. I think I need to get one of those Life Line things to wear around my neck...."help! I've fallen and I can't get up!"

Anyway, sure hope I can get up tomorrow and get my sweet hubby to the hospital!

Blessings,

Julie

Julie, What a terrible night! The good news is that the chances of such an adventure happening again are miniscule--if you keep the kitties inside!

"Hubby" is on my prayer list and so are you. He'll do well because he knows you are rooting for him, and so are we. Kathy's right: get checked out at the hospital and make sure you're okay, so you can tend to your husband when he gets home.

Lots of love coming your way for both of you!

smile --Love, Darlene

Hey Everyone--thanks for the prayers and well-wishes!

She's just a 7 pound kitty--tiny but powerful!!

I'm still sore, but nothing broken or swollen--just bruises. Hubby got a kick out of my "gravel-angel" in the driveway this morning on our way to the hospital!

Hubby didn't have a great day. The surgery was more extensive than they thought and when he started coming out of the anesthesia he was in terrible pain. They had to call the Dr. twice and get increased orders for morphine and valium. Finally got it under control about 5 this afternoon. Long day! He'll be there at least tonight and probably most of tomorrow.

Will check in when I can.

Blessings,

Julie

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, thanks for asking! We're much improved! I'm totally fine--my head is just about healed and James went to the Dr. yesterday and they told him he's progressing well. In 6 - 10 weeks he should feel great.

He worked a full day yesterday and helped his dad with the crop. Came home and I pampered him. Things are getting back to normal!

My dad is having knee replacement on Monday--the 21st. That will be the next hurdle. It never ends, huh?