McCain Uses Hillary's Ad!

Paulie Mississippi

Yeah, you could see that one coming. McCain would be foolish not to pounce on that.... Yikes!

Also, the first look I got at the names on the Dem ticket together (headline scrolling on the bottom of a TV screen last week), I thought it was a headline about Osama Bin Laden. It took me a second to realize it was about Barack Obama's selection of Joe Biden. Look at it:

OBAMA/BIDEN

Weird, huh? Yet that's how countless campaign buttons and bumper stickers will read. I wonder if it'll have an effect?

I freaked out the other day when someone said just substitute an S for the B in Obama and add NLA into Biden's name and Obama Biden changes to Osama Bin Laden.

Eek! It's like a hidden message.

The "Obama Drama" is really something to follow. First, the poor West Virginia speaker, whom they courted as speaker so they can win his state, refuses to attack the other side, so they sideline him and put his "keynote" speech earlier, out of the prime spot.

Then Hillary gives a self-testimonial, which I thought was great, but today, instead of telling her delegates to definitively vote for Obama, she says, "vote your conscience." The best part of last night's speech was when I read Bill's lips saying, "I love you, I love you, I love you forever!" THAT was something to see. The same lips that said, "I did NOT have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky." I guess Hillary won after all.

Now, they're afraid of what Bill is going to say and put him in the non-prime-time spot. And you never know how Biden is going to put his foot in his mouth. On top of it all, Bill and Terry McAuliffe are scooting out of the convention before Obama ever arrives, so they don't have to see him at all. That's okay if those two won't be around for the big moments at the convention, Jeremiah Wright, Tony Reszko, William Ayers and all of Obama's other cronies have been conspicuously absent for the whole convention.

Finally, they're constructing a special stage complete with Greek columns so Obama can make an entrance fitting of the Sun God Apollo.

I wouldn't miss this for the world.

Ms. Pelosi, the chairwoman of this carnival, really screwed up. Obama has really dissed the Clintons, especially Bill, and I actually feel sorry for both of them. The party used them and are essentially throwing them away.

But that's okay. It's shooting itself in the foot because Hillary and Obama would have made a formidable ticket against the Republicans. Now if Hill and Billy are smart, they'll vote against Obama, watch it all fall apart and come back in 2012.

Only in america...

smile --D

Speaking of interesting politics... apparently Bob Barr will carry Texas and it's Electoral Votes... as NEITHER THE REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT PARTY MET THE DEADLINE TO HAVE CANDIDATES ON THE BALLOTT!!!

Here's the blurb...

Barr Only Presidential Candidate on Texas Ballot

Republicans, Democrats miss deadline to file presidential candidates in Texas

Atlanta, GA - Bob Barr is slated to be the only presidential candidate on the ballot in Texas after Republicans and Democrats missed the Aug. 26 deadline to file in the state.

"Unless the state of Texas violates their own election laws, Congressman Barr will be the only presidential candidate on the ballot," says Russell Verney, campaign manager for the Barr Campaign and the former campaign manager for Ross Perot. "Texas law makes no exceptions for missing deadlines."

The Texas Secretary of State Web site shows only Bob Barr as the official candidate for president in Texas.

"We know all about deadlines," says Verney. "We are up against them constantly in our fight to get on the ballot across the nation. When we miss deadlines, we get no second chances. This is a great example of how unreasonable deadlines chill democracy."

"Republicans and Democrats make certain that third party candidates are held to ballot access laws, no matter how absurd or unreasonable," says Verney. "Therefore, Republicans and Democrats should be held to the same standards."

From what I read though, Barr's camp is less concerned with keeping the Dems and Reps off the ballot in Texas... as they are for the precedent to be set that deadlines don't matter... as they face the same dilemma in a state or two... West Virginia for one I believe... where they missed the deadline... it'll be hard for any federal judge (or Supreme Court Justice for that matter) to say that Texas can ignore the deadline when it comes to D's and R's but WV doesn't have to for 3rd parties...

Barr's camp is right about one thing, there has been a concerted effort over the past two or three decades by the D's and R's to make sure that nobody else has a chance to be on the ballot... or even really heard for that matter... which is why I think everybody should vote for a third party candidate this time 'round, the system will never fix itself; we have to suck it up as it were and break the cycle ourselves or we will keep getting the same "ilk" in DC as we have been for far too long...

Seems I remember some story about George Wallace having to go to court in one of his runs ( maybe 1968 ) in a Mid-West state in order to get on the ballot. His lawyer was essentially saying that the individual's rights trumped state's rights in this case. The judge gleefully asked him to re-state the position, noting some of Wallace's previous affections for state's rights having to do with segregation. Wallace was able to get on the ballot in this case.

My view is --- the more the merrier, even w/ Cynthia M.

Who knew "Lemonade Girl" was such a shrewd political observer and strategist? eek

Darlene, I think you're watching too much FOX coverage! Wow.... the attack dogs have gotten to you.... Well, I'm not on the Obama bandwagon, but, personally, I think he's better for these times than Mr. McCain. I didn't think Obama would have a chance a while back, but a few months later, I have a hunch he'll win. And I hardly drank any Kool-Aid!

But that's just me....

Well, I do love your taste in music, Darlene! What's better than listening to any of the Raspberries albums?