Eric Carmen

Duane: That had to have been edited. He can't be that stupid.

That's what I used to think, but I don't know anymore. I'd think that he could have never made it to the White House if he was really the doofus that he appears to be...that there had to be a brain in that head somewhere. Maybe he did just make it on his family's name and money. I'll admit I voted for him, but I can't defend him anymore. Besides everything else...he has to be the worst public speaking President ever. Check out the "Trip Down Memory Lane For Eric" thread for a 6 minute highlight(?) of his gaffes.

I'm not much on Andy Dick, but I enjoyed this 4 minute skit. Dick portrays GW's speechwriter as if all the screw ups and pauses are scripted and intentional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_RSQSYgGB4

Coulter is an ACT... just like Rush, and the rest of them. Professional tv, radio and entertainment personalities aren't "playing" themselves. Her act is rude, vile and impatient (not necessarily in that order). We don't really know who she is...

We know what the media want her to be...

Duane,

Check out this video of George Bush in 1994 and 2004. The decline in his verbal abilities and cognitive thinking is obvious. The man is intelligent as evidenced by the video of his gubetorial debate. He is a Yale and Harvard grad. But I really believe that the pre senile dementia has something to it. If it is not that then it is something else that is going on.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-NvVilAlCBYc/bush_ten_years_ago_and_now/

Duane,

Check out this video of George Bush in 1994 and 2004. The decline in his verbal abilities and cognitive thinking is obvious. The man is intelligent as evidenced by the video of his gubetorial debate. He is a Yale and Harvard grad. But I really believe that the pre senile dementia has something to it. If it is not that then it is something else that is going on.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-NvVilAlCBYc/bush_ten_years_ago_and_now/

Phil...thanks for posting that. I didn't remember him being so bad the first time he ran for President. I also thought his first inaugural speech was OK. Now, it seems he can't complete one sentence without bumbling. Something has happened. Scary that he's calling the shots....

Have you guys ever noticed that W's brother Jeb has no accent at all. Didn't these two grow up in the same home? Makes me wonder whether the 'Texas Gunslinger" bit is an affectation.

By the way, I just got back from seeing "Frost/ Nixon," and I would highly recommend it. Frank Langella is a shoe-in for an Oscar nomination. He actually made me feel empathy for Nixon.

Great film.

I've loved Langella since his Broadway days in "Dracula". His film career never achieved the recognition of his stage work. Good to see him flex his acting muscles.

Accents are funny things as well. I have five brothers with comparable educations, yet three sound like stereotypical Irish "New Yawkas". They like to drink their "Cawfee or soder". :P

"Dems my brudders".

John

• 13 years later...