Another Bummer Day - Bad News Again

Roadie #3

Andrianne - the fact that Kevin is still with you is a major plus - my uncle had an inoperaable one and he lived with it and just had to take it easy and he went on a good 15-20 years. I will send all kinds of positive thoughts to you and your family and Kevin and his family as well smile

Just an update; Bonnie is doing well and holding her own. I called the hospital earlier this evening and her husband said she had great color and felt good except for being sore.

On the other hand Kevin has had a turn for the worse and Adrienne left AZ earlier than planned (this afternoon rather next Tuesday) and arrives back in Cleveland around 11:30pm tonight. She is heading directly to the Cleveland Clinic. Apparently the bleeding in his brain has increased and they had to do some surgery to drain the blood and relieve the pressure. Adrienne promised she would call me in the morning and give me an update.

My whole family appreciates all of your prayers and thoughts. I will continue to update everyone on the board as I get new information.

Well, you get some rest, too. You're all in my prayers even though I haven't met any of you.

There are only GOOD people on this site, and good thoughts.

Perhaps God will give the doctors a few extra ideas overnight. Take it easy.

Hi all.Again thanks to you all for the prayers and good wishes. Kevins doctor called me aerly on Thursday morning and told me that he was stable.They were going to give him a few days for the blood to clear aand the swelling to go down in his brain. If that didn't happen then they would do surgery. About 2 hours later I received another phine call that his blood pressure had shot up again and the possability that he would be taken into surgery was mucg higher. I immediately called the airline and they were able to change my flight back to cleveland. I stopped to see my sister and headed to the airport. I arrived back in Cleveland at 11:30 pm Last night and went directly to the hospital. When I went to his room (ICU) he looked up and gaveme a small smile as I talked to him he seemed very disoriented and when the nurse asked him who I was he said he knew me but was unable to think of my name. I came home slept for an hour or two and went back down to the hospital this morning. Today he seemes to be a little better at times very clear on his thoughts and then confused again. The doctor assured me that it was due to the swelling in his brain and when that resolves he should have full memory back. They are doing alot of testing to try to find out why his blood pressure is so high ie: ultrasound on kidneys this morning, cat scan scheduled for tomorrow after that I'm not sureThese past two weeks have probably been the most stressful days of my life and I thank you all for keeping my family in your thoughts and prayers I will keep you updated as information comes in.

Just read Ernies first post ....It wasn't an anyurism, or a stroke according to the doctors. It was caused by high blood pressure I'm not sure of the medical term for it butfrom what I am understanding the blood vessel bled to relive the pressure. Also just wanted to add that they havae not done any surgery yet, the doctor is waiting another day or two to see if the blood dissapates on its own.

Baby Sis, You, Kevin, Bonnie and Ernie are in all our prayers and everything's going to be alright--just have faith and believe that.

As soon as they find the cause of Kevin's skyrocketing blood pressure, they'll get it under control. Sending all of our love to you, Kevin and your whole family.

Hang in there. SLEEP--that's the most important thing for you to do so you can stay strong and help Kevin.

WE LOVE YOU!!!

smile --Love, Darlene