For I could never measure

The happiness you brought me,

The comfort and the pleasure.

And since God put you here to share

In earthly joy and sorrow;

I'm sure there'll be a place for you

In Heaven's bright tomorrow... crying

by Alice E. Chase

Dear Julia, You have my complete sympathy in losing your precious Nikita. I lost my family parakeet, Tippy at age 13, my dog Jingles at age 15, and was so devastated, I never got another pet again. We inherited my mother-in-law's parakeet, Pete, a few years ago, and he died last October. I burst into tears, and still cry for him! He loved me like a human being would have. I know what deep deep sorrow you feel, but you shared great love for a long time. Even that kind of love for a short time is worth it. May your happy happy memories with Nikita bring you comfort as time passes. You're in my prayers.

Love, Darlene

Julia,

Thank you so much for sharing your kitty with us! He does look like a cat with a great sense of humor!

Back in the late 70's, early 80's, I had my first housecat. His name was "Gatsby" and he was awesome and beautiful and so intelligent. (I'm a F.Scott Fitzgerald fan from way back!) He died tragically at 5 from a brain tumor. I put together a scrapbook of his life and filled it with stories and pictures of all the joy he brought. It is so great to have that now to look at.

I have a 6 year old, 18 pound, tuxedo cat named "Lucky" who I take to work with me everyday. He's a therapy cat at the Care Facility where I work. This cat can get more accomplished with one cute flick of his smart little tail than I can doing activities all day long.

Yes, pets are so very special and teach us so much about life. I am so very sorry for your loss and will keep you in prayer.

--Julie and "Lucky"

What a sweetheart of a cat! I'm so sorry for your loss. I've never lost a pet before, so I can't say I know how you feel, and I won't even pretend to understand your grief. I DO know the deep love I have for my two 'boys' and I can't imagine the pain of losing one. The closest I've ever come was when Riley had a bladder infection and he was bleeding every time he urinated. He was in such pain. I took the poor little guy to Kitty Emergency on a Friday night and sat crying the whole time we waited to see the doctor.

My prayers are with you. I'll give my 2 little guys an extra hug and kiss tonight for you and Nikita.