WARNING...Phoneknapped

Lew Bundles

Yes, my poor ears, let alone what it did to my mind!

Diane and Kathy, remember when we were talking about the dangers of horses, bikes, skiing - all my favorite activities - during the conversation? Well, tonight we had a major crash within our cycling paceline and the girl in front of me went down hard and was taken away by ambulance. I was only inches off her rear wheel at about 20 mph when it happened and am amazed I didn't go down, too, or run over her. Very scary - waiting for word on her condition now.

Ah Yes, tonight was very interesting !!

Sorry to hear about your friend, Jen. I sure hope you wear a helmet when you're riding and maybe it wouldn't hurt to put on some knee pads and elbow pads.

Ya know...for a very quite girl, you sure do like to live dangerously !!!

I suppose you meant "quiet," Diane, and now I'm wondering if I am quiet. Never thought about it much. The danger thing is interesting, too, because I am a giant chicken, afraid of everything, but amplify my chances of getting killed every day on the bike among cars or on the nutty young ex-racehorse.

Tunes got me onto a phone-nap session one day last week (two weeks ago?) and Diane, Marv, and Jen were on. Tunes, Marvin, and I talked fantasy baseball for, well, just a few seconds when Diane (I think) said something along the lines of, "Hey, is that all you want to talk about, baseball?" Tunes said, "You wanna talk about sex?" At which point Jen's line went dead.... We're saying, "Jen? Jen?" It was like one of those current commercials where the phone goes dead at exactly the wrong second.... Anyway, you had to be there. It was an accidental hang-up, and Tunes had Jen reeled in again within a few seconds... but things only got worse, especially when Tunes started telling us about certain attributes of a horse he once saw. (Don't ask.)

Anyway, it was a memorable call.... :-)

PS: Jen, Diane got ahold of a Buckingham/Nicks CD and is sending it to me. Thanks, Diane! Hope you listened to it, too.... GREAT record....

Bushman, the bike is a Cannondale road bike with an aluminum frame. Everyone else is getting swept up in the carbon fiber rage, but I like my aluminum - its stiffness and rigidity (don't even start, TT!!!) can be painful on rough roads, but those qualities are great for climbing as you can really put the pressure to it and it goes where you want it to instead of mushing around like some carbons.

LC, great news about the BN CD. I have one, as I mentioned - some eBay seller tossed it in when I won LB's Gift of Screws at an obscene price. By the way, Buckingham is coming back to Northern California for four more shows, and I'm planning to get to at least two of them. He must be having great success, as every time I check his schedule he's adding more and hitting every corner of the country, and even Canada (Marvin, get youself there!)

James, I'm appalled at being named Lew's "new bimbo"! Please read above how I was screaming in terror and struggling to get loose! Kathy was working to keep me there!

And TT, you show up just long enough to entice Lew to another thread, and don't even defend me against James!

I was coming back to do that (priorities my dear). I'm back. Ok I got rid of Lew so he can't do you any more harm. Now for James. Hey James how dear you call Jen Lew's "new bimbo". I'm highly offended. I've laid a lot of groundwork to make Jen MY "new bimbo". Apologize James.

All better Jen?