Jackson Browne

Betsey

Many of my friends find it unusual that I can like both Jackson Browne and Eric Carmen. Am I alone in this? I have been fortunate enough to have seen Jackson in concert 5 times, certainly more than I have seen Eric (sadly),and he was terrific at every single show! Talk about a nice guy! When we booked him to play on my college campus, the crew put up a stage much larger than was specified in the contract and the first 3 rows were wiped out! He joked about it and asked everyone to squeeze together and said it was his roadies' fault. So easygoing! Anyway, do any other EC fans like Jackson Browne's music also?

Betsey you're not alone. I am also huge JB fan, have seen him 3x in concert. And Tony, I am a huge fan of the Eagles but calling JB a "poor man's Eagles" is totally unfair. Jackson is far away one of the greatest lyricists in Popular music. He has been a major influence on many other artists INCLUDING the Eagles.

MARVIN

Tony "Somebody's Baby" was written solely for the movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High." Check out any of JB's albums for proof of his genius - especially "The Pretender", "Late for the Sky", "Running On Empty" and "Lives In the Balance." Of course much of his stuff is pretty introspective and political - not for everybody's tastes.

MARVIN

Well Jackson certainly does take a strong political stance. I love music that speaks to me lyrically, and Jackson does this as well as anybody out there. Maybe it's easier for me being Canadian to accept his opinions, but he does rub some people the wrong way with his strong views.

MARVIN

p.s. Jackson's first wife committed suicide. Much of "The Pretender" is centered around what he was going through at that time. As well most of his releases during this period and up to "Lives In the Balance" are deeply touching. From "Lives In the Balance" he started his political period.

With his last few releases he's been combining both topics. If you want his 'popular' songs, get his "Best Of" disc entitled "The Next Voice You Hear."