Getting into Eric´s My Space...

Carmen Smalley

As a big time fiscal conserverative and a social moderate I try not to talk about political views on the internet....I will say this...We do have a BIG problem facing this country when it comes to radical Islamists.The whole Iraq situation has been totaly bungled...I mean I do not think it could have been handled worse.It's one big mess now.What in the world is up with US intelligence? IRAN was the country close to having nukes...and now what.What a mess.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah hell, you guys got me fired up again. There is global warming going on --- no doubt. How much natural and how much man-made?? Who knows for certain?? But we need to prepare. There will be benefits and drawbacks to this -- still need to prepare.

I even voted for Gore in the '88 primaries & in 2000. Not my 1st choice now, but may be OK depending on the field. I voted against Bush both times, especially since Cheney was going to find Bush a running mate and picked himself! I wasn't crazy about Kerry ( liked Gephardt better ) but picked him over Bush. I explained it to someone like this: With Kerry, you will complain while he's in office & with Bush we'll be complaining years after he's left office! Bush is simply more concerned with his 'legacy' than serving the country.

Gore wouldn't be MY first choice either, but if we could all go back and change our votes, he'd be President and we wouldn't be in this mess. Unfortunately, this is all about OIL (Iraq sits on the second largest reserves after Saudi Arabia). In a perfect world, the neo-cons would have been right, and we would have been greeted as "liberators" and the Iraqi people would have risen up and fought WITH us and formed a new "democratic" society which would have been a role model for the entire Middle East. We would have McDonalds and Walmart and Chevron on every corner and a friendly government exporting us oil at a low price and Iraq would become the envy of all the backward countries in the region. The Arab street would then begin to realize that democracy was the way to go and they would all begin to "Westernize" and we would all live happily ever after.

Unfortunately, no one considered that the Sunnis and Shias and Kurds all hate each other, and the one thing they have in common is that they'd rather kill Americans than each other, and that Islam and democracy are incompatible. That was kind of a big oversight. Then we went in and Rumsfeld completely bungled EVERYTHING and there was NO PLAN FOR THE RECONSTRUCTION. So here we are today. And all Bush and Cheney care about is keeping us there until the next admisinistration takes office so THEY have to be the ones who admit defeat and pull us out of there. ec

Eric, I knew something was amiss when they ( Bush admin.) let the museums be plundered in Iraq. Not nearly enough MP's. They protected the oil ministry though. Kurds still reasonably like us,

that's why I think tri-partition is a good thing.

They should have their own country since they are the largest ethnic group without a country. Then if the Sunnis & Shiites wanna duke it -- fine. "Let Satan cast out Satan".

Virgin Airlines have pulled Loose Change from their in-flight movie roster after a cadre of Neo-Con slugs, bullies and enemies of free speech sent threatening complaints to the company, smearing the documentary and comparing it with Nazi propaganda films.

"Virgin Airlines has pulled a controversial internet documentary on 9/11 from its in-flight entertainment system after complaints from bloggers and radio shows," reports a technology website.

"Well, it didn't take long for Virgin to backpedal. While we fully understand and support Virgin's decision, we also fully understand that they signed a legal binding contract, so essentially, they paid us for the rights to NOT show the movie," writes Dylan Avery on his Loose Change blog.

But the complaints were nothing to do with scaring passengers by offering a movie primarily about airline terrorism, they formed a coordinated campaign on behalf of government boot-licking brown shirts who throw their toys out of the pram every time anyone interrupts their bedtime story - the government's official version of 9/11.

The source of the Neo-Con revolt was seemingly Michele "put every Muslim American in a concentration camp for our safety" Malkin's Hot Air blog, an electronic compound for Bill O'Reilly acolytes and frothing Bushites who spew threats and intimidation whenever their precious 'waving plastic American flags made in China', war cheerleading illusion is challenged by anyone who dares question the government.

"I thought since that since Virgin Airlines was going to give us a 'chance to make up ‘your’ own minds' with regard to the 9/11 attacks on America, by showing the Loose Change movie in-flight, we all would greatly appreciate seeing the works of Leni Riefenstahl so we could 'make up our minds' about Nazis," wrote one sheep California. "And, how about all those wonderful German documentaries from 1939-1945 showing how subhumans are destroying European culture, and how Germania is a bulwark against the Bolshevik hordes and jazz-spouting American apes."

Playing the Holocaust card in attempting to smear 9/11 truth has all but replaced the "insulting to the victims" scam that has largely been dropped since it was the government itself who egregiously insulted and endangered the heroic first responders in the very hours after 9/11 by lying and telling them the toxic air as safe to breathe.

This talking point emanates directly from Fox News and Bill O'Reilly, who in March compared questioning 9/11 to Holocaust denial - which is the numero uno of ad hominem attacks that debunkers have to resort to when facts are in short supply.

Making out Dylan Avery to be some kind of Hitler figure might hold more weight if Avery were in control of a powerful industrial country, ran its media and commanded its standing army, but last time I checked Dylan still lives in upstate New York with his friends and a dog called Justice.

Don't you think if there was any CREDIBLE EVIDENCE, and/or VERIFIABLE FACTS about 9/11 being an inside job that the majority of the Bush-hating press would be all over this story?

I'm still waiting...

I might watch "Loose Change" for entertainment purposes and to look into the mind of the conspiracy nutjobs...

I agree with hollies65 view that "The whole Iraq situation has been totaly bungled". You could make a case for Bush's 'axis of evil' but why did we invade the wrong one?? Oil, finish what his dad didn't, or what?? Of the 3, Iran & N. Korea are closer to being a nuke threat. Iraq was a bit of a counter-balance to Iran, which has been more of a concern starting w/ the 444 days of holding Americans hostage and providing help to those that blew up the Marine base in Beirut.

Something can still be salvaged if handled properly. I've been touting tri-partition for

a while now, no matter what concerns the Turks

have about the Kurds. Joe Biden wants something

close to this: a loose federation of semi-autonomous territories. Sometimes it's just better to break up countries than people ... I mean if they really don't get along.

Then American forces ( and possibly others since it would look like a real exit strategy )

would help w/ border patrol and stay away from internal security and internal issues in general, of the 3 new countries!! Need less troops to manage this kind of arrangement. Things seem to be fairly peaceful in Serbia, Croatia & Bosnia since the break-up of Yugoslavia. Nothing succeds like success!! Just my -- I could be wrong -- but probably not.

The thing is ...Now what are we gonna do?? As soon as we pull out of Iraq you can bet the place is going to become a hornets nest of Islamic terrorists that want to kill Americans... with training camps all over the place..like Afghanistan was. I don't have the answer...I hope someone does.These people are NOT going to stop trying to kill us.I wish just ONE politician could come up with a decent plan.

For Eric: Right, impeach puppetmaster Cheney 1st.

Don't wanna impeach Bush 1st & get Cheney!!

For hollies65: I wouldn't advocate a total pull-out at this point. Read my above post. Disolution of Iraq is a good idea, especially now & considering the Brits cobbled it together from

dispirate groups in the 1st place in the early 1900's. Congress should at least force Bush to say when we are going to be at half-force ( half of highest ever force --- should be easy

w/ Bush/Congress's knowledge of half-measures anyway ) --- then 50,000 troops then 30,000 troops, etc.

Bush thought that his "Texas toughguy" act was going make people think he was like Reagan, but he continues to violate the first and most basic rule of diplomacy. If you want concessions from your opponent, you must always let him "save face" with his people. If you back him into a corner and humiliate him, he has nowhere to go and nothing to lose and he will fight you to the death. That is precisely the mistake Bush is now making in Iran. This is the most inept administration I have seen in my lifetime. They are doing damage that could take decades to repair, and costing America hundreds of billions of dollars and countless lives. Are stupidity, stubbornness and terrible decision making grounds for impeachment? ec

He's no Reagan, I voted Reagan both times & Bill both times and Libertarian/Ron Paul in '88. Bush

is causing lasting problems. He's not a consensus builder at all. Iran has one leader that's actually more looney than Bush. Even the

Europeans are worried, unlike w/ Saddam before.

Glad to see at least Bush admin. is talking to the Syrians. Just because you hate most of what somebody or some country does --- does not mean you don't talk to them. Talking can avoid undo conflict. "Save face" was even taught to me in a foreign policy class in a MD. high school. You're right Eric, Bush is pushing up close to the impeachment line.

Eric and others,

I would highly recommend a book called "No God But God" by Reza Aslan. He is a young man born in Iran who came to this country as a kid a few years before the Shah was overthrown. He has been educated at Harvard and UCLA among others and is considered a prominent authority on Islam and comparative religions. This book is just outstanding. Had any of the neoccons with Team Bush read it and had any morality...they would have understood that none of their schemes were going to work. I cannot understand that a U.S. administration was so stupid in Islamic culture to not see what has unfolded in Iraq.

I am thankful I never voted for this total moron and pray every day that he will be impeached or somehow removed (resign?) from the Presidency. The problem is the shadow president Dick Cheney will be President. So I think Dennis Kucinich has it right in going after Cheney first. Cheney is a war profiteer who has no problem sending America's finest to war and a meatgrinder situation over there. Yet during Vietnam he had a total of 5 deferments when it was his turn to serve. So hypocritical!!!

Phil

I read recently that Cheney's hunting accident where he shot and almost killed a lawyer friend...Harry was very interesting. This report said that the main reason that the incident was witheld from the press was so the Secret Service could get Dick's girlfriend out the area. She is a former Abassador to Lichtenstien and is a Texas undersceretary of Education. I cannot remember her name. But Dick is a real piece of work. His name is very appropriate to say the least.

Phil

There's a documentary called "Why We Fight." It was on HBO a month or two ago and it was so good I bought two copies from Amazon. EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN SHOULD WATCH IT! I can't recommend it highly enough. There's enough material in this film, alone, to impeach Cheney. ec

Yes I rented it some time back..

And I recommend to those drowning in this cynic-infested thread (and cynic-infested world), for another take on "Why We Fight", Tommy Franks autobiography..

And I'd ask all those pray, to pray for President Bush and his administration.

Phil, that IS chilling.

I voted for Bush also....I just felt like there was nothing on the "other side" that made me feel secure. Now I feel a little better about some of the '08 candidates, but how much better? I don't know.....I too think Gore should throw his hat in the ring....and I feel like if enough folks step up and encourage him, he might just do that.

James, you're right. We should pray for our leaders.

I think one of the biggest signs of the times was Tony Blair announcing he's stepping down next month...I think he's been a leader to be looked up to.

Ronda

A HUGE difference. Because it's happened gradually, I didn't remember how competent a speaker he was. His confidence and certainty garnered him a lot of votes. Something is definitely wrong. One of the major earmarks of dementia is refusing to admit having made an error, because the first priority of the sufferer is to cover up any sign of infirmity. It may well be that his "stubborness" to admit any wrongdoing is a sign of underlying illness.

--D