Make Me Lose Control

Braves fan

Ok, I'm gonna be honest up front here. I have ALWAYS been a huge Raspberries fan....no if's and or but's, and I've always had that "teenage" crush on Eric (but who of us ladies will deny that?).... And it was not until several years ago that I rediscovered the Berries.....and the deeper I dug the more I learned about Eric's solo career. Ok, to make a long story short, I plugged into Youtube and found Make Me Lose Control. From the first chords of this song I knew I'd heard it. As the song went along I knew all the words....I'd heard it but did not realize it was Eric! I have to know if anyone else here discovered these things like I did? If every one of you comes on here and says no.....I may just find me a rock to hide under!!! crazy

I did know about ABMS of course, but lost track after that......I had my heels dug into the heavy metal scene.

Oh, and btw, I love the video for MMLC....that American Graffiti theme is genius!!

No, I'll come to your rescue and own up. :P I was having most of our kids and raising them in the 80s so I wasn't paying much attention to who did what in music. I had the radio on in the background as I did housework and took care of the kids so I heard songs without necessarily knowing who did them. I found the same shock to realize how much Eric had done that I didn't know was him --- not because I didn't like his music, just because I'm embarrased to say I wasn't paying attention. psych I took me awhile to catch up but I'm making up for it now. happy

Kathy Lee, Thank heavens I'm not the only one!! But like you, I'm making up for lost time in a hurry!! I'm just amazed at the number of songs I'm hearing now that I've heard before, and actually know the words. And all the songs and bands Eric has been associated with. What a career!!!

Ronda

I couldn't agree more! I have been a longtime Eric fan - since I was in high school. I am just now making up for lost time listening to the Raspberries. I never get tired of listening to them! They started when I was 2.(Like I was listening to them at that age! wink ) I am discovering new stuff(to me) every day! Very cool!

HT

Ronda--Mine happened in reverse of yours. Had been a fan of the Raspberries and Eric for a long time. About the time Eric's solo career was waning, I moved to the mountains. Didn't get much radio up there, mostly country. One day I was driving down the mountain, flipping through the dial, and**HELLO!**, that's Eric's voice! This happened for both "I Wanna Hear It From Your Lips" and "Make Me Lose Control". Needless to say, my next stop was the record store on those two occasions laugh --Kirk.

It's funny how things come full circle, huh? Kirk, those two songs are the ones that when I listened on YouTube, I went.....HEY WAIT!! So I kept on digging......HT, I could listen to "Go All The Way" all day long......I've listened to it so much that my daughter knows the words! That song just is amazing......it's soft and mellow, yet has a crunch to it, and the bass line is excellent!!

Ronda

Today as I scurried through Wally World, trying my dead level best not to lose my head, I heard the faintest sounds of a song on Wally World radio. They were playing "Hungry Eyes". I told my daughter, "this is Eric Carmen".

Who actually wrote the lyrics for that song? I really like the it, but there are soooooo many other songs Eric does that top my list.