They are replaying the Today Show from 9-11.....

hollies65

I'm watching the names being read from the Pit. My husband, Pete, can see it from his office at the World Financial Center.

My prayers to everyone who lost someone and especially to the Crowther Family - former neighbors of mine who lost their 24 year old son, Welles Remy Bosley Crowther, when he stayed to help others escape from the towers after he made it out safely. I will always remember you as the little boy I babysat who grew up to be a hero.

There isn't a day that doesn't go by where I think of that day and the moment that 2nd jet hit the South Tower. That jet flew right over our heads in the facility where I am employed. We are situated right across New York Harbor. Approximately 15 mins after the first jet hit, we were all standing there watching this horror unfold, not thinking that the unthinkable was about to occur. We hear this tremendour roar and right above us the 2nd jet passed right above us. It was so low you could swear you could almost reach up and touch it. We watched in horror as it flew right over New York Harbor and struck the South Tower. The huge fireball that shot from the stucture is what haunts me and thoughts of those poor people that were trapped inside. I'm getting chills as I write this...recounting everything that occured that beautiful morning before this horror happened. I will carry that image in my mind until the day I leave this Earth. Horrible.

Seeing the footage again is something that is very painful for me to watch even today. I remember where I was when the news broke. At the time I thought it looked like WW3 had begun. My oldest daughter had to watch the footage at school and she said it was worst thing she had ever seen. Hopefully there will not be another 9/11.

I still get p*&&^d-off when I see this. Of course I get even madder when I hear that we shouldn't view these images. Personally, I think that we should have these videos shown each day at Noon! That way we will never forget what happened. You know a mere 70 years ago the holocaust was in full swing....and now certain people around the world don't believe IT really happened. That's why I love the world-view of my brothers in Israel, who have lived with this crappola for 60 plus years.

Unfortunately, radical Islam declared war on the US, the West & other parts of the "anglophile" world over three decades ago. We'll be lucky if this "war" lasts ONLY as long as the cold war.

I haven't worked in NYC, Bankers Trust/Deutsche Bank Plaza -which was effectively destroyed when the south tower collapsed, since 1990 so I'm quite removed from the actual carnage. But I just hope we never, ever forget what happened, who did it, why....and of course the lives of the innocent people who were in that carnage...and the lives of those who died as first responders.

John

Tony & Steve, Carmen should be concerned regarding radical Islam's influence in her beloved Espania. Remember......"nobody expects a Spanish Inquisition". madeeklaugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSe38dzJYkY&feature=related

...........sorry...couldn't resist

oh why the frig not http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5McSEU48Y8 "Moor or less" ahem..okay bad play on words!

BTW History channel doing raw footage rehash of 9/11 as I write this.....very compelling.

John

Watching the History Channel right now...amazing footage!

I watched "102 minutes" that night on the History channel. It played out the events of that morning in real time from the time the first plane struck. The whole program was put together using footage people took with thier video cameras that day.

No narrator, just the images and the shock and horror of the voices of the people that took the footage that morning. I hope this is shown on every anniversary of 9-11, so no one forgets...

Jeff