60 yr old NJ woman gives birth to twins

sterling

I saw this last evening on the news, Phil. She has a 29 year old daughter and I think another child over 30 and a 6 year old as well. She wanted to have children closer in age to the 6 year old so he/she wouldn't be lonely.

More power to her, but I don't think I'd be up to twins at this age. She looks like she's had quite a bit of facial plastic surgery as well. I do hope for the babies' sakes that her motives are pure and that she's not just doing it to keep "young" or prove that she's still youthful.

I think the babies are both boys and one of the names she was considering was "Ryan," for one of the boys. I can't remember what other name was mentioned.

There were mixed reviews on this from the women they interviewed on the news last night.

smile --Darlene

I know what you mean, Julie. I'm 47 with 5 grandkids already (my 2-1/2 yo and newborn grandsons that I care for) and still have three kids that aren't married and haven't started families yet! If my oldest grandson has a child young (as John and I and our parents did) it is conceivabley possible that I could be a great-grandmother in my late 50s. I'll stick with grandkids, thank you very much!

My best friend who will be 49 in Dec, has 2 boys aged 19 & 22. 7 years ago she remarried. Her husband will be 62 at Christmas, and they have a 7 yo.

When I was having my 2nd baby(18years ago) there were a number of women in the hospital with me, who like my friend had adult children, and had divorced and remarried and were starting again...blow that for a game of soldiers. At my age I'll wait for grandies thank you very much.

I think that having children at 62 seems to be on the selfish side. grumpy Is she trying to prove a point? I agree with Ted - she could be long gone by the time her twins are ready to graduate college or get married. Even at 36, I wouldn't want to start over with a newborn. My 11 and 7 yr old kids keep me busy and exhausted some days! And I like my sleep!

HT

This woman is a loon. She'll be dead and gone and someone else will be left to deal with her selfish motives.

Wow, Ted! That doesn't sound like you.... Maybe she is a bit loony --- who knows? And heck, she could live to be 95 or 100, long enough to have the littlest one grown up and on her own. (That's assuming she doesn't go and make another baby or two in the years ahead.)

That said, yeah, the "intensity" (for lack of a better word) of dealing with a 6-month-old, 1-year-old, 4-year-old, even a 7-year-old can be exhausting.... How she'll do it in her late 60s and early 70s, I dunno. But what's done is done. I wish her well and... I hope she gets a heckuva lot of help!

I wish her well, too....and hope she is doing this all for the "right" reasons, and not just to prove a point, as she mentioned in a televised interview.

Everyone's different...we all know that...so maybe this IS the right thing for HER. Me ? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS !! haha