Can Cindy Bullens be a part of this concocted one hit legacy?

Otis Robb

From New Bedford MASS, and now living here in Nashville. Cindy had a little bit of airplay with 'Survivor' from her 1978 'Desire Wire' album. Believe it crashed in June and toppled at #100. She released a great solo in 1990 with a self titled name that had the great tracks 'Cry For Love' and 'Break the Chain' (The latter was a very very very and it dented a notch or so) Does that mean she's in the same category of the Boomtown Rats 'I dont Like Mondays' and Blue Cheer's 'Summertime Blues'?????!!!!

Cindy had a little bit of airplay with 'Survivor' Believe it crashed in June and toppled at #100. Does that mean she's in the same category of the Boomtown Rats 'I dont Like Mondays' and Blue Cheer's 'Summertime Blues'?????!!!!

YOU SEEM TO THINK THAT BEING A ONE-HIT WONDER DISCREDITS THE ARTIST OR IS AN UNWANTED STIGMA (maybe). ALL IT REALLY IS A FACT. (The book says: any artist who cracked the Billboard top 20 and never hit the top 40 again). They also list all the rest who entered the top 40 once but never again. In numerous cases (i.e. Hendrix, Joplin, Grateful Dead--who are, indeed one-hit wonders, as far as Billboard's singles charts go) it doesn't mean anything or make much sense. In other cases (i.e. Edison Lighthouse, White Plains, We Five, Syndicate Of Sound) it defines them.

It is true, however, that once the practices of the chart numbers changed in the '90s, the concept of a single was different. Mainly, the concept works best from 1960-1990. There are, of course, others who had hits that didn't chart (i.e. Modern English's "Melt With You" and Romantics' "What I Like About You" [yes, they did chart afterwards], Dramarama's "Anything Anything")