Tim Russert dead....

hollies65

Steve you are 100% right. He had two books that are PERFECT for Father's Day (Big Russ & Me as well as Wisdom Of Our Fathers). Both books made me cry.

It's my understanding that he taped, as usual, Meet The Press this AM, for airing Sunday. Wonder what NBC will do?

John

I was absolutely shocked when I heard this on the car radio on the way home from work today. I just went numb. I thought they had made a mistake.

58 years old--such a tragedy. He evidently collapsed right in the newsroom and they couldn't save him.

From all accounts, one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet. His colleagues, lilberal and conservative alike, say it won't be the same without him. I liked his style too. A true gentleman in every sense of the word.

Terrible terrible news. RIP, Tim. You will be sorely missed.

frown --Darlene

I can't imagine the upcoming election coverage without him.

And this is fitting for Father's Day - I saw Tim and his son (still in college) on Mad Money, and Tim was bursting with pride over his son. It was a more personal side of Tim that we usually didn't see --but it was very uplifting to see a father have that rapport with his son.

• 2 weeks later...