Most hated song(s)?

bahoodore

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to have gotten you stuck on that Edie Brickell song, Tony! It is miserable ...

Here's another that I hate - "Born in the USA" by Springsteen (includes some really corny line like "I'm a hard rockin' daddy in the USA" or something close to that. His voice on that song is atrocious - he just bellows. I cringe when I hear it.

Jennifer

Sorry to have gotten you stuck on that Edie Brickell song, Tony! It is miserable ...

Here's another that I hate - "Born in the USA" by Springsteen (includes some really corny line like "I'm a hard rockin' daddy in the USA" or something close to that). His voice on that song is atrocious - he just bellows. I cringe when I hear it.

Jennifer

Jennifer you've made an enemy for life by cricizing a Springsteen song!? Just joking. I'm guessing that you know the song is about a Vietnam Vet, right? Have you ever heard the orginial Delta-blues version of the song as Springsteen first recorded it? You might have a new appreciation of it.

And Tony you sure know a lot of the words for a song ("What I Am") that you claim to hate?! I've always liked the song for it's Rickie Lee Jones'-ish quality, and grew to like it even more when I saw a bar band play it in Montreal. Extremely difficult bass lines and great drumming.

Marvin