Meanwhile.....

hollies65

BTW...I'm sure you know Marv, That Couric did not come up with the gotcha questions...or any of them...they are laid out in a note book in front of her, compiled by producers and staff.It would be hilarious to see Couric with no notes grilled with gotcha's. This is so simple to figure out. It can be done to anyone. You know it too.

Well she'll do better now because McCain and his team of advisers are running around doing damage control, making sure she's better equipped to handle whatever comes her way. Without a doubt even the best orators stumble from time to time when they are surprised by a question, but the question posed to Palin was hardly out of the blue.

What she needs to do is be herself...I say the handlers are handcuffing her and trying to make her something she's not. Palin's terrible answer was no worse than Biden saying that when the great crash of 1929 happened, Roosevelt went on TV to explain what happened to the American people. I knew Hoover was president during the depression and that The was no TV in the 20s when I was in 5th grade. Fair is fair.

gwen ifiil is a very good & highly respected journalist. but it doesn't matter who the moderator is b/c the vp debate is going to be held under very restrictive guidelines, where someone like palin will have no trouble getting thru b/c she's just be able to rote-quote her way thru the script. if it were one-on-one engagement w/ the opposing candidate, we would be watching a slaughter & meltdown, as biden would eat her lunch & really demonstrate how out of her league she is

Funny how the media-left prefaces their questions with Democrat talking-points and they assume no one will notice.

i think what's really funny is how people who consider themselves 'conservative' always spout this line about 'the liberal media'. it's very odd, & strikes me that what they are really complaining about is when any given news story doesn't mirror or parallel their point of view (ie: any position other than mine is wrong & a falsehood)

not to disparage you specifically, raspathens, but the crying-wolf re: a liberal media conspiracy has really gotten old & rings hollow, & it has always had the resonance of the wolf-cryers not being satisfied until every major media outlet looks, acts, & smells like fox news & rush limbaugh (not that you wanna go smellin' rush limbaugh)

Raspathens is correct.

The media's bias is suttle to many, but it has to do with what stories they choose to air/write about. It has to do with the perspective/assumptions they attack a story/issue with. It has to do with their political leanings that no person can completely divorce themselves from.

It's an axiom that the individuals that make up the media are philosophically left-wing - overall. That's ok, everybody has to have views, and for some reason the media draws more lefties than righties - it's just the way it is and we have to live with that. And I think most (not all) lefties in the media try their best to be objective.

But they can't overcome their bias totally, and it's evident.

I think Gwen Ifil is one of the best, and will do a solid job...though I didn't know that her Obama worship was out of the closet (thanks Hollies)...I'll likely watch her closer now..

Why does PBS have ultra lefties Bill Moyers (disgusting) and Tavis Smiley (probably a decent guy but way to the left)..why does PBS give these 2 guys their own shows, with no conservative counterpart(s)? I love PBS, and give $s, but struggle with this as it is (very) wrong..

I started reading "World" about a year ago. For anyone looking for a cleaner look at things, it's a great magazine. It reports and editorializes from a Christian perspective. But it's objective , not too preachy and isn't afraid to report on secular/cultural stuff that more narrowish Christian publications would be afraid of. It's really good.

Right as usual, James. If you have a biased producer/staff/reporter, any of them can spin the story to make "their side" look better, or NOT EVEN PURSUE/REPORT THE STORY, because it might hurt their cause. It happens on both sides, But since surveys show 75-80% OF THE MEDIA LEANS TO THE LEFT, It's gonna show up with more biased incidents on the left.

Whatever happened to just reporting the story with the known facts?...