A treat for Muzza and Kiwi in Chicago!

Tim From Wisconsin

Muzza and Kiwi,

I'm hoping that you don't have plans yet for the Morning of the 17th of May. I'm going to be making a reservation for the Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues in Chicago! Our seating time will be 10:00am. There is a link below that tells a little bit about it, and shows some of the yummy menu items that are served.

I have 8 passes for this, so the only cost will be your time, and if you decide to have a delicious Bloody Mary or other cocktail!

We have me, Muzza & Kiwi, Kathy Lee & John, and probably Gina (Hungry Eyes). If there are 2 more board members that can join us that Morning, send me a PM. The first 2 to reply are in.

I saw in the WAB Off Campus II thread that Kathy Lee is trying to arrange other small gatherings while Muzza & Kiwi are in Illinois, so hopefully all of us mid-westerners can see them while they are here!

On the off chance that Muzza & Kiwi already have plans on the 17th, we wouldn't do the brunch. I'll wait to get confirmation from them on their availability.

Tim

http://www.houseofblues.com/venues/clubvenues/chicago/gospelbrunch.php

Hey, if that's what everyone would like to do then I think it's wonderful. You and I had discussed this option once before but you were worried about us being able to talk and hear each other but if you think it'll work then the more the merrier! Our Annie is a board member and will be with us but we'd be more than happy to cover her cost so that other can use the free passes. Pat told me this morning that he's a go so that's great. I know Jay (and possibly his girlfriend, Marcy) wanted to join in so I'll contact him and double-check their status. Anyone who can't make that date is still welcome to come to my house whenever they can!

Ok, I heard from Jay and he's in (Marci can't make it this time.) Ok, so where are we at so far and how much is it for additional members?

1-2 Kiwi and Muzza

3 Tim

4-6 Kathy, John, Annie

7 Jay

8-9 Gina and Anthony?

10 Pat?

11-12 Linda and her husband?

13 James?

Is this accurate so far? Anyone else?

Hello all,

Thanks for starting a list Kathy Lee - Teamwork is a good thing! happy

I e-mailed my contact at the HOB about increasing the size of my initial reservation. I don't forsee a problem. I know that this sells out almost every week, so we will need a definitive head count probably by this coming Monday the 4th. I won't be near a computer most of the day today, but I will post tonight what I hear back from the HOB.

Thanks,

Tim

I knew earlier that Laura said she couldn't make it (thanks for confirming that, Laura.) I'm waiting to hear from Linda, and James said he can't make it. I don't believe Pat can make the morning and I know nothing about Gina and Anthony. At this very moment I'm seeing:

1-2 Kiwi and Muzza

3 Tim

4-6 Kathy, John, and Annie

7 Jay

8-9 Gina and Anthony?

10-11 Linda and her husband?

A lot of people can't make that 'morning'. I'm still open to options for another day and time for a second get-together so that no one gets left out! Please let me know what you think and we'll do everything we can to make it work. I know I can't please everyone but I'm trying to give it my best shot!

Guys this is getting embarrassing for us. We had originally asked Kathy Lee if she and her family would mind if we attended a particular church service in Wheaton that morning. She said no problem. We suggested if folk wanted a get together with us how about Sunday afternoon then folk who attend church services can do that and come after that. That was what Kathy Lee originally suggested what seems like a long time ago now but as I understand not many responded to her.

Because we had a special event we want to attend on the Saturday that was why we suggested the sunday afternoon.

Tim; we really appreciate what you are suggetsing but now have a dilemma as we don't want to offend anyone, and it appears that some who appreared to be able to make the Sunday afternoon can't make the morning. Now am I correct in that impression?

I know its a couple of weeks away yet but for Kathy Lee's sanity and harmony and friendship, can folk indicate if they want to get together with us and if Sunday afternoon is better than the morning. We DO understand whatever happens some won't be able to make it, and we have to say that we are truly humbled that folk want to meet with us.

Mellie says breakfast is ready so I gotta go but let's see what we can put together...together.

Muzza and Kiwi

It sounds like Kiwi and Muzza really want to stay with their intented church service and certainly I can see how important this would be to them. Let's go back to the afternoon arrangement that we originally wanted.

Pat made a great suggestion to me last night. There is a Giordano's pizza that sounds ideal. It's by Midway Airport (Exit 55 at Cicero) and is on the corner of 63rd and Cicero.

1) They are rarely crowded so they will not push us out early

2) The food is excellent and they're reasonably priced

3) It's quiet so we'll be able to hear each other

4) The parking is free

5) It keeps us out of the insane downtown traffic

I've begun receiving feedback that more people can make the afternoon so please confirm that so I can get a headcount. They don't take reservations but at least I could get there early and put some tables together for our party. What do you all think --- Sunday, May 17th at 2:00 pm?

Hollies, I'm assuming you're critising us for sticking to what we had arranged with Kathy Lee a long time ago. We really do appreciate Tim's offer but had already made these previous arrangements. Yes, it is a generous offer and I'm sorry if Tim feels offended but others had contacted us early in the year and indications were that a Sunday afternoon would suit most. We all know that not everyone will be able to make it. We are humbled that people even want to spend time with us BUT we are a bit hurt by your comment Hollies, especially seeing you don't appear to be involved.

If people would prefer not to get together with us we understand and won't take exception but we also don't want the bad feeling that seems to be starting.

Muzza and Kiwi

I was not critising anyone...I was giving Kudos to Tim for his generosity...since I've been to that brunch, I knew that it was gonna cost Tim 300 bucks for 8 people. It was a gesture on his part, that I thought needed to be acknowledged on the board. I don't see how anyone could read critisism in that post. Please, someone...point out my hurtful comment.

Sorry everyone. I guess we're a little on edge at the moment with the Swine fever thing. We have been getting emails from our govt over it and it has made us nervous as travellers.

We really appreciate ALL that everyone is doing to make us welcome and the wonderful hospitality we have had even in the first 5 days of our trip.

Apologies for being so sensitive and look forward to seeing whoever can come it to whatever you kind folks arrange.

Muzza cool