Senior Moments

ira

What are some funny thoughts y'all can share that reflect that most of us on EC.Com are 30+ and once in a while we have a moment when we realize that we're just a tad older.

Here are a coupla musical reminders I experienced.

1-Being at an oldies concert and Jay and the Americans having to rush out for their encore 'cause many in the audience are running out after their teriffic set 'cause after all it IS 11:00 on a Saturday Night.

2-Being at a Springsteen concert and watching many in the audience clutching their sides when they rise during Bruce's many stirring anthems like "Badlands","Promised Land","Thunder Road"...You can almost hear them saying "OY" in unison.

3-My son first going out on a Saturday Night at 10:00 and me asking..."Where're you going so late"?

"OY".."What a drag it is gettin' old"! eek -Jagger/Richards.

What worries me is that I'm more like my grandmother than my mother

One of the ways is that, occasionally, I do her name mix-up thing---when my sister and cousins and I were young we spent a lot of time at her house. At least one of us was usually in trouble. Our names are Kim,Stacy,Kelly,Karen and Kathy. When she'd try to call down the offender it was "Ki, Ke, St, Ka--YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!" I thought it was hilarious until the first time I did exactly the same thing with my boys. Indifferent

I do the name mix up thing alot...My 4 year old grandson reminds me so much of his Dad as a little boy that I often call him Joel(my son's name)...He'll tell me..."Nana I'm Evan, Joel is my Daddy".."whats the matter with you"?.... :rolleyes: I tell him Nana is having a senior moment...He replys..."well next time get it right..OK" :p

Since when are we we seniors???? lol. I thought that was the over 65 crowd? Not that there's anything wrong with that. lol...Well...if you must know....last week I mis-placed my keys....where do you think I found them? You'll never guess! Ok...Ok....I found them in the....I'm ashamed to say.....the freezer!!!Don't ask me how...I have no idea... Indifferentshocked

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by GMan:

<strong> Since when are we we seniors???? lol. I thought that was the over 65 crowd? Not that there's anything wrong with that. lol...Well...if you must know....last week I mis-placed my keys....where do you think I found them? You'll never guess! Ok...Ok....I found them in the....I'm ashamed to say.....the freezer!!!Don't ask me how...I have no idea... grumpy

I'm only 48 I don't have senior moments - I have middle-age moments where I walk into a room and just stand there puzzled - I have also been known to try and put things in the freezer that have no place being there..... and I do on occasion forget someone I've worked with for 10 years name... but I solve that problem my never really calling people by their name in the first place. Don't ever expect me to meet you and remember your name - it takes me at least a week to associate you with something or someone else ahahha - unless of course we've "met" on this board - then I will only call you your user name because I can't remember your real one.

A truly senior moment is when you buy something for your kid or grandchild that you haven't purchased in years and exclaim..."When did comics start costin' two bucks...When I was a kid they only cost a dime".

Comments like that gain you instant admission to the "AARP Old Fart Hall Of Fame".

A dubious honor indeed IMHO!-Ira.

I'm only 48 I don't have senior moments - I have middle-age moments where I walk into a room and just stand there puzzled - I have also been known to try and put things in the freezer that have no place being there..... and I do on occasion forget someone I've worked with for 10 years name... but I solve that problem my never really calling people by their name in the first place. Don't ever expect me to meet you and remember your name - it takes me at least a week to associate you with something or someone else ahahha - unless of course we've "met" on this board - then I will only call you your user name because I can't remember your real one.

MJ,

Those aren't "middle-aged moments"......they're BLONDE MOMENTS !! haha