Have a happy and HEALTHY New Year

Steveh

Hi guys,

If you're making any New Year's Resolutions tonight, I have a suggestion: promise that you will take your health more seriously and go to the doctor's more often. Here's what happened to me last weekend: I had some mild pain in my chest and I just assumed it was a lung infection of some type because I had a runny nose. So I didn't take it too seriously. Finally, on Sat., the pain got worse, I did go to the hospital, and they eventually diagnosed me with a heart attack. I had a cathetrization, then angioplasty and I'm fine now but have to be careful. I'm 47 and I thought I was in great shape. So don't be fooled! Have a great New Year!

Steveh

By eating garlic cloves you can lower your cholesterol by 30, if you keep eating it, it has to be the cloves.

Cheerios is good, but, garlic is better.

Because when you eat cereal, your adding sugar any ways or fuit, and sugar has more build up of

fat than you think.

Take a tip from doctor Gordon Harris, Lol

I'm 444 years of age, I weigh 135lbs.

Roonie, That's a nice compliment, but I just asked him to pose for a picture and one of my girlfriends took it. The original picture was a color slide, and I took two rolls of slides that night of his shows. The first roll was of a "smaller Eric," because my table was far away from the stage. Between shows, when people left, I ran up to one of the closest tables and reserved it, so the second roll was a "bigger Eric." Bernie scanned them all so he has copies. He thought they were very well preserved for being so old. I used to take color slides instead of pictures all the time, and kept all of them in a case. The slides from The Bottom Line are my favorites.

Even when I got pictures made from them, I would never let them out of my sight--I went to "while you wait" places. When Bernie wanted to see them, I told him I didn't want to send them, so I would come over. Fortunately, he lived not very far from me, and Bernie was extremely gracious and I had a great time meeting him.

It's hard to believe those slides were snapped by a plain old "instamatic" 126 camera, almost 28 years ago!

smile --D

Steveh, Take care of yourself! Thank God you are okay now! You are probably a very calm-appearing counselor-type who doesn't show anxiety outwardly,

but bottles it up. Don't! Vent! Or--if you can--just don't get riled up about anything!

Good luck and a Happy HEALTHY New Year! NOTHING is important enough to worry about till it wrecks your health. Chill out...

smile --Darlene

Thanks, guys, for your positive thoughts for me! I've also had a lot of support from family and local friends. Tony, the dumbest thing about this is that I have exercised regularly for many years, eat a very low-fat diet, have no family history of heart disease, and don't smoke! My body just seems to produce a lot of cholesterol. So I really have to take meds - no way around it.

So Tony, get a stress test, and if it comes out OK, you may not need to change anything!

Steveh

Darlene, is there anything you don't know? Are you a psychic? I agree that stress increases plaque buildup, and I do appear calm even when I'm not. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to scream at all my clients! It's good for me and good for them.

Gord and Roonie, thanks for the tips - they probably would help 95% of the population, but I have had a very lowfat/high fiber diet for decades and could never get my cholesterol under 200. Stuff happens! I'm determined to be back to 100%, in plenty of time for the next EC concert.

Steveh

Steveh

Hey, Steve, there's a lot I don't know, or else I would make more money than Martha Stewart on the stock market and not have to go to jail!

You just sound so calm and levelheaded (like a counselor!), but many people who seem calm, as you know, just control their facade to do that and are really roiling nervous wrecks underneath!

Are you a musician? Performing music (even if it's just learning piano or guitar) is a WONDERFUL way to let off steam, emote, vent, and just plain forget problems completely, because you are expressing ALL your emotions in the way you play. Violin is great because playing a string instrument or guitar, you vibrate the string and express every infinitesimal gradation of emotion, angst, anguish, sadness or joy and exhilaration by being able to express exactly what you're feeling. I LOVE IT! If you play, do it! If you don't, LEARN! or SING! You can do the same thing vocally.

smile --Darlene