And Now ITS COLD OUTSIDE!!

sterling

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should all send Phil a care package. I have a neoprene face mask and a box of Coleman hand warmers to contribute. wink

Seriously - No doubt the shelters are full. I hope the homeless in your area are being accommodated. This is not the time to be living on the street. My heart goes out to those truely weathering the elements.

Stay warm and be safe.

While I was raised on SoCal beach weather, and am back in it once again, the nearly 20 years I spent in the local mountains made me a little heartier. Coldest temp I ever saw in Tehachapi was a winter day in '90. It hit -1. Today, it was 85 in Camarillo (a record high for this date). Kirk.

It's 3 degrees here in Wisconsin at the moment, with wind chills of up to 15 below zero. Most

schools were closed yesterday and today, no businesses closed that I know of. It looks like

we'll have to wait until Sunday to break 20 degrees. Oh, that old saying "It's to cold to snow" doesn't hold true. It was snowing here at lunch time.

Still, I count my blessings! pray

Laura,

We only live a short few miles from each other. Here in Rockford it snowed most of the day up to 3 inches and maybe got up to 5 degrees. Windchill tonight will be -15. BRRRRRRRRR....How can these people in Missouri be so close to us in miles but so far in temperatures!!!!!

Back to school today.... Although my sister in Racine, WI had no school for second day in a row.

Phil

You people talking about how hot it is remind me of my grandfather when I was a kid. We would be sweltering in the Illinois heatwave of 90+ temps and he was in western Ontario mentioning in a letter how the previous night they had to put 5 logs in the fireplace to stay warm. I guess it is all relative. The citizens of California have it the best. You certainly have so many wishing for your balmy winter temps!

Phil