NYC Explosion

LobsterLvr

That explosion in NYC earlier tonight is right outside the office building where Bernie works (and where I worked until a few months ago). In fact, Bernie's window looks down onto the spot where the blast originated. My prayers are with those who got hurt. I hate it when this sh*t happens in this great city. Brings back a lot of bad memories. Hope you're ok milk man.

Dave

Time to order masks & air-fresheners.

...... so the IBS anon. group meeting on the 1st floor decided to order in kung pao Chinese

for lunch ...... have some diary products to sooth the burn .... a few zombies to drink ..... hear a few stomaches rumble .....

... a few singapore slings .... more rumbles .... they all head for the bathroom at the same time ....... AND KABOOM ...... mayhem downtown!!! insane

And people say I worry too much. When the street can just explode underneath you, life's a pretty scary ordeal. When I was in NYC, I was afraid of the subways (the London bombings had just happened, and NY police were checking people through at many subway entrances), but the extreme heat/humidity drove me to use them.

And for those of you who think I was the one who was afraid of the Holland Tunnel on the way to WAB3, it's a good assumption, but it was another EC.com member! Though tunnels can be scary...

Jennifer, don't feel too bad. I've been living in NY all my life and am still afraid of tunnels. I'm always so afraid that they're going to "spring a leak"!! I now use LIRR to get to the city, but won't take the subways. I'll walk to my destination. But my big fear...bridges. I HATE, HATE, HATE bridges !!!

Bernie...I'm glad you're OK !!!

Grand Central Station is across the street on one corner. On the opposite corner (also right across the street) is the Chrysler building. Great! Talk about anxiety. Two potential terrorism targets within 150 feet of where I spend eight hours a day. Sheesh!

Bernie

Only eight hours? Wow, some people in advertising get off easy!

Dave