michael vick:part two

chris hess

if you don't believe it,go to cnn.com right now!! "people" need to know about the inhumane things that happen to man's best friend..dogs are not born bad,"people" raise them that way..and they are suffering due to greedy,lowlife so called human beings...this i don't understand at all,and makes me mad as F..K!!!..chris

I agree with most of your first post Chris (though I hope he finds redemption and doesn't rot in hell). It seems to be a unanimous feeling in our society that if he's guilty, he's a mean thug. And I doubt there will be any support for TV shows, or movies, about him/or his type that glorify him/or his type or endear us to him/or his type.

But you know, the Mob is an organization that is a societal parasite, and purposefully, and sadistically, butchers HUMAN BEINGS...not dogs.

So why do we glorify these guys on TV...and sometimes in the movies?

I don't have a clue whether Vick is guilty or not, but what's p*ssing me off righteously about this whole issue is the contention by many African-Americans that this is just a problem that the "white media" in this country has.....and that African-American culture does not prize or cherish dogs like Whites, so dogfighting is an acceptable (and understood) part of A-A culture. This kind of thinking is what triggered Clinton Portis' comments about Vick awhile back.

(Well....beating or mutilating one's wife/girlfriend is also accepted or at least tolerated in some Middle-Eastern cultures!)

And what's up with the NFL letting this clown play? -- It's about time these people learn that playing in the NFL is a privlidge not a right -- ban this guy and make a statement. Yeah, there were no drugs on him at the airport last summer too. How many chances does this jerk get? Perhaps they should put some of those starving dogs in a pit with Vick for about a half hour with a stake strapped to his ass. That would wake him up.

Animal abuse in ANY form makes me just MAD! There's NO defense or explanation that makes it acceptable on any level !! mad

Having said that....this guy, Vick, whoever he is, hasn't actually been found guilty yet, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, for now. I'm sure all the evidence will come to light, and if he IS guilty..he should get the maximum sentence (which in my opinion, isn't nearly tough enough, and could never make up for the suffering those poor dogs endured ! grumpy )

If Vick is found guilty, there isn't an acceptable punishment in the USA for him.

Has anyone else noticed how cnn.com runs animal abuse stories? Not in a good, healthy way, but rather videos of dogs being thrown out of vehicles, or a person setting a cat on fire. VIDEOS! It annoys the heck out of me. Something is definitely wrong there.

Anne

true,i may be jumping the gun here..but my gut feeling is this is real..i know this is a depressing subject but it cannot be ignored anymore as far as man's best friend goes..look what they do for people,uncondional love,help us in crime,missing people,etc.. yet alone being loyal beyond compare(to those who have a dog)..people make dogs bad..simple as that..they get trained and live one life..to kill,and only wind up getting killed if they lose..this is too sad to take anymore..lol,chris

Tony: >>Boy, it's a good thing that cows, pigs and chickens have boring personalities, because what do you think we do to them before we wolf them down between a bun?...<<

Thanks for the common sense, TC. If Vick had only eaten the dogs, I suppose all would have been forgiven.

At the veterinary hospital I work at , we work very vlosely ith a pit bull rescue group. Most of the dogs we we see were either used for fighting or as "Bait " dogs for training. These dogs are incredibly loving towards people but when another dog is near they can turn vicious.The rescue " For The Love Of Pits" places these dogs into foster homes trains them,, does temprament testing and anything else that they can to turn these dogs into pets, however most of them, because of their former lives have to be in an only dog home. The whole thing sickens me and I hope Mr. Vick gets exactly what he deserves. Ypu can check out the rescues website at www.Fortheloveofpits.com, just be prepared there are some pretty graphic pictures.

People do the most inhumane things to creatures. And the creatures --- THEY'RE the ones called animals? There are monsters who have to get their thrills out of violence one way or the other so they figure if they use animals it's ok, it's legal. Cruelty and abuse exists in many forms. Immorality is immorality.

I'm not saying this dog abuse thing is the same degree of cruelty as livestock, it is more...But if you saw the way they raise those poor chickens and kill the other livestock animals to get the freshest and most profitable meat in these slaughterhouses, more of us would become vegan freaks like KV... wink

hey,i confess i do eat meat,but when it comes to domesticated animals like dogs AND cats,well..that really f'n pisses me off..i do'nt know if i could live the vegatarion lifestyle to tell the truth..i grew up a meat and potatoes guy..but i recently have been eating alot more salads..my inner voice must be tellin' me something!!!!!! lol,chris

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, how I hope that Vick missed the deadline this morning so that we can have a public trial, he is sentenced to 5 years and he never plays football again. Remember, this trial will be in Virginia, not Atlanta, where juror nullification might have occured. Our sweet little doggie has been suffering with a bad "hot spot" infection. As I comfort the little guy, all I can think of is that Horrible Bastard Vick. madmad

I wouldn't be too sure about no possible juror nullification (or hi-jinks) in Virginia, either! Vick played at Virginia Tech, and got them within 1 game of the national title, and he's still idolized there.... unlike his idiot brother Marcus, who got expelled there after a wide variety of run-ins with the law and other similar nonsense. (Marcus is the guy who stomped on that Louisville player's leg on national TV in the 2006 Gator Bowl...)

Great point JohnO. Those lawyers have probably hired demographic experts to analyze the venue and there is probably also some polling going on. All it takes is one individual to hang the jury. Three or four could bully the rest into an acquital. "They were just dogs" is the refrain from those protesting in support of Vick. The Atlanta television media is shying away from actually showing these expressed views of his supporters. I just love the way Al Sharpton begins his defense of Vick by saying "now, while I don't support dog fighting......" Duh!