I Called In Sick Today!

MJ

I felt like crap from 2 am until about 5 a.m. - had the chills - well the top half of my body did - the bottom half was sweating lol - what the H*ll is that about???? My sinuses were killing me and I had this headache - so after always being there at work at 7:30 a.m. every freaking day - I left them phone messages at work that I was sick and not coming in - and then I slept until 10 am lol. So there! I've taken my 1st sick day of the year! Now I'm going to go lie around some more and try and get rid of this freaking sinus headache. And guess what people - I DON'T FEEL GUILTY even though I am really sick!

You know, MJ - ironically, I tried to call in sick today but the girl who was supposed to start covering my case load today had a death in the family.

So, after struggling all last week with the weirdest cold and cough I went to the doc on saturday and he told me it was ALLERGIES (it had been in the upper 60's all week here in NY) and the cough and hoarseness is due to acid reflux.(which I knew I had but forget about it since it's pretty mild most of the time)

OK, now I have a headache (from the Pepcid) and possibly a sinus infection in addition to heartburn.And i still have to go to work! But I am going back to the doctor this morning to go over the meds and what's working.

I like the apple cider vinegar idea. Not sure it wil go well with the acid reflux though. I love home remedies.

Feel better MJ!!!!!!

Apple Cider vinegar is the cure for acid reflux. That is how I started with it. Google it on line and read up on it. I was taking Nexium for acid reflux for a bit until my insurance company stopped paying -- we did some research, found out that this is all natural, it works and it costs $5 a month. I take a shot before bed, drink a glass of water and brush my teeth and I'm good to go --on top of that I can eat anything I want and anytime -- and no long term side effects -- I'm no doctor, but read about it and give it a try.

you need the old 'Sicilian Penicillin"

Boil the wine! Get the cheapest red wine, 2 tsp honey, a half a lemon, and half an orange.heat it up, sip it,(probably the worst tasting thing you ever had), but it knocks you out, and makes you sweat like a racehorse.you'll wake up feeling better, trust me it works.

Hummm...I will definitely look that up! i took Nexxium a few years ago and it was great - until the insurance co stopped covering it!!!

The doc says the headache is most likely from the acid and not the pepcid so i have to keep taking it.

I love that episode with Lurch "uuuuuuuuuhh...uuuuuuuh" so musical.

OK off to work - please let me have the patience to deal with a low energy level and lots of AHDH clients!!!

MJ...do you see how concerned we are about you! You put up a post about being sick and the whole board sends their replies!! Now that's pull! That's because we love ya! One big happy family here at EC.com. I hope you feel better soon and I strongly suggest you try Danny's remedy. It will definitely cure you and anything else that ails you!! lol Feel better G wink

Ahh... Bushmills. The only whiskey I'd ever want even though Canada is full of other whiskeys.

In Gaelic, whiskey translates to "water of life".

My Dad made hot foddies with them whenever my Mom was sick with a cold and swore by them. Great with a little coffee, sugar and REAL whipped cream!

Get well soon, and try a Cappucino. My daughter swears by that, and she's only 15! (I wonder if adding the Bushmills would heighten the effect on an adult?

I'm the only one who hasn't been sick this year, as far as my family goes. I guess the Bushmills innoculated me!

smile