Ever Get Hooked On Reruns?

blackhawkpat

Have you ever not really watched a show when it was on in prime time, but then started to enjoy it solely because of watching it on syndicated reruns?

Mine is "Frazier". Didn't watch it much during it's heyday, but view it almost every night now. (There seems to be one bad year of it though, around year seven or eight, when they try to introduce Daphne's family, but then it gets good again.)

The same for me with "That Seventies Show". I became addicted to it. I don't watch it so much now, of course I've seen every rerun at least ten times AND I bought the DVDs, ha ha. I can relate to the kids and their situations they seem very familiar having grown up in that era. I also enjoy, for a change, NOT seeing cell phones and computers. Times were much simpler and the kids appeared to be happier.

I've always loved Frazier. Loved it then and now. When it first went to reruns my daughter, Laura, was having trouble with her spelling and vocabulary because of her dyslexia. Every night we'd sit and play Upwords while we watched Frazier. She still talks about that and it's one of her favorite reruns, too!

Three of my all time favorites were Frazier, News Radio,and WKRP in Cincinati. All had tremendously funny casts and, oddly enough, they all had AM radio as a setting. WKRP's Thansgiving episode where turkeys were tossed from a helicopter to listeners below was side splitting. "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly." Still cracks me up.

Then there was UFO and Space 1999 on the Sci-Fi Channel, but if anyone tries to spread that around, I'll deny everything! :rolleyes:

I never watched Seinfeld during its heyday at all....primarily because I thought then (and still do) that Jerry S. is a mediocre-to-bad stand-up comic.

However, around the time of the 7th or 8th season, I watched a show at a friend's house, and got hooked....At last, a show after my own heart, where every character has little or no redeeming qualities at all!....everyone's a complete a-hole! Now I watch re-runs of it all the time, to try to fill in the gaps I missed...

I got in the habit of grabbing a coffee right after work and watching reruns of "Reba", even tho I dislike country music, and I'm not really a fan of Reba McEntire. I also usually watch reruns of "Two and a Half Men". I used to watch "Law & Order" whenever it was on, but it got to the point where I saw every episode about 4 times, and it just got old.

JohnO...you'd really enjoy 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'.I agree 100% about Seinfeld's stand up.

I LOVE "Curb Your Enthusiasm!" My fave was when Larry hired the chef who has Tourette's Syndrome...cause I have it...but it's less than 1% who will curse for no reason.

It's a great episode and it opened up dialog for me with others who had seen that episode. I even debated with other TS people that, it's OK to be the bunt of a joke.

I just LOVE Larry David - heck, he picks on everybody! Like they do on South Park.

Wendy

"Seinfeld" and "Curb" are two shows I have watched from day one and have the DVD's. "Curb" is my favorite show on tv and I'm very happy to hear they are doing another season.

I see Steeler fan is also a fan of "Mary Tyler Moore". I just picked up all four available seasons on DVD last week (only fifteen bucks each at Best Buy and my daughter gave me a fifty percent off any total purchase of fifty bucks coupon, so I got them all for thirty bucks.) Always loved MTM. I still watch "Dick Van Dyke" every night on reruns, but that doesn't count, as I've been watching it since I was a tyke (and in love with Mary!)

I saw an epsiode of "Frazier" the other night that I'm still laughing over. He gets a new program director and tries to set him up with his housekeeper (Daphne). Only problem is, the guy thinks Frazier is asking him out, as he is gay! The whole show was hysterical!

Maybe this is why I'm not dating anyone, eh? Too much tv to go out! LOL

One of my daughters always jokes about herself, "Who needs to go out? My best friends are named Joey, Ross, Rachel, Chandler, Phoebe, and Monica."