Definition of "Vacation"....

AnniekNY

Hi y'all - i just got back from my annual St Patrick's Day celebration vacation with my buds (no spouses or kids allowed). This year's sojourn was to Key West FL which was spectacularly beautiful and warm! Traveling there was long and a little tough but well worth it. I had a fabulous conversation with a man in the Conch Factory about songwriting and guess who I was talking about? The guy was talking about jackson Browne just as passionately.

My husband's idea of a non-family vacation is this: he and our son, kyle, are driving to Pittsburgh, Chicago and Cleveland over Memorial Day weekend to see baseball games. They are both walking baseball stat encyclopedias and are devoted.

I know Eric told me he was a huge baseball fan at WAB. I told Kyle he would see Eric at the Cleveland game because he was singing the national anthem in full Indians uniform. Kyle doesn't know it's not true laugh:P and i am not telling him!!! I am on the verge of telling Kyle that I volunteered him to babysit Clayton and Kathryn so that Pete (his dad), Eric and Susie can go out after the game with the team.

What's your idea of vacation? (you can include the realistic and the dream of all dream vacations)

Hmmmm.....My definition of a vacation......

Me....on a tropical island...laying on a hammock between two palm trees blowing softly in the breeze, hearing the roar of the ocean waves, with a pina colada in one hand and a good book in the other, my favorite music in background, with a gorgeous native in a loin cloth fanning me with a palm leaf, peeling grapes and feeding me !! Yep !! That's my idea of a perfect relaxing vaction !!

Which you have been trying to get me to do for the past three weeks! laughhaha

I'm a little different from most. I need a flow of creative energy and to feel centered. While out here we've been painting the condo and decorating it. I love the sense of providing a second home for my family and of seeing it take shape. We've been taking the evenings off and catching some great concerts --- Ides of March, Moody Blues, and Chicago (we're coming back for a weekend in August to catch Rod Stewart!) spin I love the natural sites of Vegas like driving through Red Rock Canyon (for Easter we're talking about having a picnic on the beach at Lake Mead.) Creativity, beauty, music --- that's my vacation package. happy

This is so easy! This is a vacation that I like to take every year just once.....

Kauai...for 7-10 days. If it is winter I am on the south shore in Poipu sitting on the beach every day snorkeling, swimming, kayaking....

If it is summer I am on the north shore in Hanalei hiking the Na Pali coast, snorkeling, and drinking Mai Tai's every night! cool

Wailea on the sw side of Maui cannot be beat if you are talking about the Pacific Islands. George Harrison had a home just south of this area and Graham Nash hangs his hat just to the north in Lahaina.I have made the trek up the volcano to ride a bike down several times. It is freezing at the summit and by the time you are at the bottom you are shirtless. The most beautiful place I've ever been [This includes the Greek Isles.]

Oh my..Hawaii...that was our BK trip - Before Kids - 3 weeks visiting a lot of the islands...a very special and beautiful place! I said it made Bermuda look like a desert.

I would love to go to Australia and New Zealand...even more so now that I have good friends there!! LuvLove

I want to cross country in a luxery motorhome and tow my 4WD so I can go off road if I find someplace I'm curious to explore...I've not seen the south and very little of the east coast...I'd like to actually have a few months to take my time and take it all in...Probably take off in mid August and return in Mid October so I can catch the fall colors...On the downside home I would like to hit Stanley, Idaho and treat myself to a trail ride in the Sawtooth Mountains...then head further west to the Oregon Coast..No definite time frame...No exact itinerary..Just take my time...Me, my dog and maybe a friend...male preferably...know anyone??? spin

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by AnniekNY:

<strong>.I would love to go to Australia and New Zealand...even more so now that I have good friends there!! spinspin also.... New Zealand is a far better option than Australia!!! spinlaugh

I got my dream holiday last August when we came to America AND I got to meet Eric Carmen!!!! spinlaugh

Delightful...all of your ideas sound like a vacation I'd love to take !!

There are three vacations that tie for the BESTEST laugh vacations I've ever taken...one to Grand Cayman for scuba diving (I've never seen a more beautiful coral reef),another was a rented house on the beach on Cape Breton Island in Canada(SO peaceful, and the most beautiful sunrises EVER, AND we saw whales every day in the water !!), and the third was just staying at home for a week, waking up every morning, sitting on the deck with a cup of coffee and gazing around at the breathtaking snow capped rocky mountains. (funny how we can take things forgranted when we're in the rush of everyday life). laugh

You know, marlene, you are so right - take time to smell the salt air, listen to the waves, admire the peaks and revel in the silence.

One of my favorite sounds is a hawk breaking the silence in the hills here!!

Oh Kiwi, have no fear!! Marykate always remembers you and muzza very fondly and your offer to share New Zealand!

Someplace as far away as I can possibly imagine, like Fiji or Bora-Bora, with just ocean, beach sand, suntan lotion/sunscreen, some great books and my personal cd player and some Razz/EC albums to play on it.

And in the evenings, if by chance, Raspberries are booked up and can't play the hotel that week, Denis appearing nightly in the lounge.

smile --Darlene

Hah Ernie - that's a dream vacation - the other half is the rest of us traveling wherever to go see this legendary band - saying hello to the legendary band and watching them play - now THAT is a vacation I can handle and enjoy the most.

laugh

Lisa is getting tired of me not wanting to go anywhere because there might be a show to go to instead. Best vacation to me is four days in NY with back to back Raspberries shows.

We used to go to St. George Utah for hiking every spring. Zion National Park is about an hour out of St. George, and has some great hiking trails, and the most beautiful red rock canyons.

We went to Hawaii in '01 for a week. Snorkeling is such a blast, I hated to get out of the water. Went to the Pro Bowl that week too. Lots of NFL activities to attend at the Hilton at Waikiki beach.