New Opportunity for ME!

HT from Mo

I thought I would share with everyone here that I have accepted a new day position with a Dermatology office as a Histotech(which is my profession). I have been at my current job for 11 1/2 yrs which has evolved over the time- starting out part time then working into a full-time position - as a lab assistant, going to histology school and now being a working tech for the last 3 yrs. I feel that this will enable me to gain more experience in other aspects of being a tech. I am excited, nervous and scared all at the same time. I will miss my night co-workers as I've had a great time working with them but I feel that I must do this to not only further my career but to have more of a home life. No more crazy working hours, being on-call, etc.

HT

Congratulations, Beth! How great is this?! It sounds like the new job fits you so much better than the old one. It's great to hear in the midst of all the "bad" economic news on television, that great things are happening to terrific people! You so deserve this! ENJOY!

smile --Love, Darlene

I did something very similar in 2004. Had worked in a hospital doing 12 hour shifts the last few years. Worked at the hospital for 23 years and made the switch to a clinic. Work 8-5 weekdays, no holidays. I actually get to see my hubby on weekends! (Before I worked every 3rd weekend, but it would always fall on the weekend you need to do something.) There are advantages and disadvantages to every move, but if the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, go for it! laugh