Chocolate Fish Competition

Muzza

Due to a couple of interesting moments this last week Kiwi and I thought we would like to see what you know about New Zealand. So here is a little competition to test your knowledge.

There will be a winner from the Eastern Time Zone, one from the Central time zone and one from the Western Time Zone. We assume the Canadians can fit in with that. The winners will be the first person in each zone who answers all questions correctly. Winners will be sent a pack of Chocolate Fish so you will have to be prepared to P.M. your postal address to us.

Right then... Here are the ten questions.

1 - Exactly where is New Zealand?

2 - How many Islands make up New Zealand?

3 - What is the capitol city of New Zealand?

4 - What is the largest city in New Zealand?

5 - Which Island do Kiwi and Muzza live in?

6 - Who are the indigenous people of New Zealand?

7 - What country is our nearest neighbour?

8 - What is the capitol of that country?

9 - Who are the indigenous people of our neighbour?

10 - What separates New Zealand from that neighbour?

Have fun and we'll check in when we get home from work later in the day. Remember it's Monday here now!

Muzza cool

Have had one response which was NOT all correct. You can post ya answers here. Only PM your postal address if you are a winner.

Reid... I guess that gives you a second bit of the cherry so to speak laugh At least you don't know what one you got wrong. :rolleyes:

Muzza cool

I sent my response via email to give the other time zones a chance. (I'm in the eastern time zone.) Did I win??? Did I win??? I love getting mail that doesn't say "pay this amount on it." laugh

We now have a Western Time zone winer as Reid finally managed to sort his answers out!!! :rolleyes:laugh

Well done Reid.

Now we are waiting for a Central Time Zone contribution. Surely there are some Chicago types that know the answers. Or someone from a little further south/west. :P

Muzza cool

Well the nice lady from Missouri got it sorted so she takes the Central Time zone prize. :rolleyes: Tomorrow morning (our time) I will post a bonus question which is open to everybody for a special prize. insanesanta

Mellie... can you PM us your address so we can give directions to the fish so they know where to go laugh

Muzza cool

Just to confirm. The three winners are...Scentlady, Mellie and Reid.

Now the promised bonus question open to everyone. It is a three part question (or three questions if you like).

BONUS QUESTION

a) - What is the national bird of New Zealand?

B) - What is the national emblem most of our national sports teams wear somewhere on their uniform when playing teams from other countries?

c) - What life form do we have in New Zealand that is considered to have prehistoric links? (NO NOT ME :rolleyes: )

There is a special prize for the winner who gets these all absolutely correct. santa We will advise what the prize is when we have a winner. laugh

Muzza cool

Well we have a BONUS QUESTION winner. - Scentlady pulls it off.

The answers were...

a) - What is the national bird of New Zealand? - KIWI

B) - What is the national emblem most of our national sports teams wear somewhere on their uniform when playing teams from other countries? - SILVER FERN

c) - What life form do we have in New Zealand that is considered to have prehistoric links? - TUATARA (lizard)

Well done Scentlady. Your prize will be a pack of Pineapple lumps and a New Zealand Calendar.

Muzza cool

For those who want the answers to the original questions here they are

1 - Exactly where is New Zealand?

Just over the International Dateline. 12 hours non-stop via plane from Los Angeles, California. Oceania, islands in the South Pacific Ocean, southeast of Australia. Geographic coordinates: 41 00 S, 174 00 E

2 - How many Islands make up New Zealand

Three - The three main islands which make up New Zealand are the North Island, the South Island, and Stewart Island.

3 - What is the capitol city of New Zealand?

Wellington

4 - What is the largest city in New Zealand?

Auckland

5 - Which Island do Kiwi and Muzza live in?

North Island

6 - Who are the indigenous people of New Zealand?

Maori

7 - What country is our nearest neighbour?

Australia

8 - What is the capitol of that country?

Canberra

9 - Who are the indigenous people of our neighbour?

Aboriginal

10 - What separates New Zealand from that neighbour?

Tasman Sea

Thanks for playing folks.

Muzza cool

Thank you for the geography lesson! I know an Austrailian who is a spectacular violin virtuoso. Her name is Adela Anthony and she is married to famous violinist Gil Shaham. I played a gig with her and she is adorable!!! She's aboriginal I believe.

Also, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, my favorite soprano, is Maori. She's so beautiful and what a voice!!!

Thanks, Muzza!

smile --Darlene

Thanks so much Kiwi & Muzza. As if getting a calendar, pineapple lumps and chocolate fish weren't enough, today I received a lovely Christmas card from New Zealand. It has a photo of a beautiful beach with crystal clear blue water*. It was wonderful meeting both of you as well. For anyone who hasn't met Kiwi & Muzza, they are just absolutely adorable and charming.

Merry Christmas from the other side of the world -- *where the only thing that's blue during the holidays is our skin from the cold.

What fun, Anne! Seeing as the average American is totally brain dead when it comes to where things are in the world, this should be required reading/participation. Look up your mistakes and find the correct answers, too. When educational budget cuts are made, geography always seems to be on the hit list. Such a shame. arrgh

• 3 weeks later...

Well after a lot of hard work we have finally caught enough Chocolate fish to send to the zone winners laugh:rolleyes: and they are being sent on their way tomorrow. insane

Scentlady's bonus of pineapple lumps and the Kiwi calendar are strapped to the back of the Chocolate fish heading her way. haha

Muzza cool