Message from Baby Sister/Roadie #3

Baby Sister

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Adrienne and Ernie. Now you have another angel watching over you. It's so hard, but the love you have shared will live on and hopefully you will be able to focus on that, as well as being grateful for the time you had together here.

Thinking of you...take good care of yourselves.

S*

Adrienne and Ernie,

I am so very sorry for your loss. The loss of loved one is a very difficult burden to bear. May you find comfort in your memories. My deepest condolences.

“When somebody dies, a cloud turns into an angel, and flies up to tell God to put another flower on a pillow.

A bird gives the message back to the world,and sings a silent prayer that makes the rain cry.

People disappear, but they never really go away.

The spirits up there put the sun to bed, wake up grass, and spin the earth in dizzy circles.

Sometimes you can see them dancing in a cloud during the daytime, when they are supposed to be sleeping.

Sometimes you can see them dancing in a cloud during the day-time,

They paint the rainbows and also the sunsets and make waves splash and tug at the tide. They toss shooting stars and listen to wishes.

And when they sing windsongs, they whisper to us, “I know you miss me, but I’m at peace now. The view is nice and I'm doing just fine". ---Ashley pray

Adrienne and Ernie...words seem so inadequate at a time like this, but I am so sorry for your loss. Even though we've never met, I feel I know y'all. I have three sisters that are very dear to me...I'd hate to think about losing one of them and I can't imagine what you're going through right now. Any cancer that is terminal is so devastating...not only to the victim's mind, body and spirit...but to their loved ones who have to helplessly witness this destruction. I wish I could see the big picture and gain some little bit of understanding as to a good purpose for any of these devastating diseases. I know we can't live forever but it's hard to understand such suffering. I hope you find some peace knowing that your sister is no longer suffering. Take care of yourselves. The next few days will be an emotional rollercoaster...the comfort of friends and family, the joy of reminiscing, the grief and pain of loss and the finality of the funeral. Along with everyone here, I'll keep you in my thoughts. Dianed wrote in an earlier thread about grieving being a process, not an event. I don't think she'll mind if I re-post her words of wisdom:

(Originally posted by dianed)

There is no time clock to indicate the completion of your grieving process. I don’t believe we actually get over grief; we just learn to live with it, just as we choose to go on living. Grieving is a process, not an event. Give yourself time and compassion, just as you would a friend. When you allow yourself to grieve, you are moving toward a renewed sense of meaning and purpose in your life. Perhaps it would be a good idea to seek out a bereavement group at your local church to help you along with this process.

As my "Baby Sister" has said thanks to all for your support through these tough times. Adrienne has been unbelievable handling all of this and I have really taken a pretty quiet back seat. That's just the way I am handling things. It has been really tough for me and my immediate family with many issues since last August but I still believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel and pray every day that it's not a train. So once again thanks and I really hope that we get the chance to see all of you somewhere on the road if the boys make the decision to do it one more time.

Adrienne, Ernie & Family,

I was truly so sorry to hear to read that your courageous beloved sister has now flown on angelic wings to a better place. I am sorry for all of your sorrows right now, but as you say, through love, prayers and beautiful memories you shall keep her forever in your hearts.

*Vera*