C'mon GIANTS!!!!

hollies65

i agree hollies.....it was so amazing...I just called my dad in georgia where all his neighbors said "y'all gonna watch that game? What for?"

he is a lifelong fan and he is so moved....my son is at college and they have pandemonium over there...even a streaker and it is bloody cold here, Muzza!!! I owe you as usual for your divine intervention!

"I think that's the biggest upset in Superbowl history."

Nope...from a betting standpoint, it's tied for 5th.

The Jets beating the Colts in Super Bowl III was the biggest (18 point underdogs).

The Patriots themselves were 14 point underdogs to the St. Louis Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI.

Chiefs over Vikings in Super Bowl IV (12 point underdogs)

Denver over Green Bay in Super Bowl XXXII - they were 11 point underdogs, and the closing betting spread for last night was also 11 points.

Forget all the points stuff, for those who remember, the Jets beating Baltimore in Super Bowl III was an earthquake, as far as sports goes. And maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I believe it was a major motivating force in the AFL-NFL merger.

My guess is different houses in Vegas were giving out different odds right through possibly the end of the game. I've also read where the closing line was 12.

Super Bowl III was such an earthquake because: the Chiefs and Raiders had both gotten their butts kicked by GB in SB I and II; the leagues hadn't merged yet; and Namath guaranteed a win...much like Plaxico Burress did for the Giants this time! (NOTE: Namath's huge contract, when the Jets outbid the St. Louis Cardinals (NFL team that drafted him) for him, was one of the first volleys fired in the war that caused the eventual merger...)