Good "News"

ira

I had so much fun reading about "Foods You (all) Hate"...That I thought it might be fun to be a little positive and talk about NEW things you guys have discovered in the last coupla years or so that have given you great joy!

For me...Cooking...Re-discovering concerts...New friends thru Ericcarmen.com...Long walks with my new-ish dog are things that give me alot of joy.

What are some "Good New Things" in your lives? smile -Ira.

After posting about our dog passing on last week, I thought there wouldn't be any good news for awhile. Our younger son,who's 22 and a half just told us,or should I say,I knew before he told us,that his girlfriend is expecting.We expected the 24 year old to be first, as he's been dating the same girl for 6 years and moved out last year. Oh,well,life is life.He has one semester left to finish at tri-c,wasn't really sure of a career path,so just did liberal arts.Luckily he has a part time job with benefits at a major company.She is just 18,but also luckily is out of high school, is employed as a hairdresser,and has been living independently for a while.I'm trying to frame it as good news, a grandparent isn't a bad place to be for a 54 and 55 year old.I guess we'll have to watch Juno and get some insight.

Hmmm really getting to appreciate and value the time seeing the Berries live on stage; meeting them and hanging out and meeting all the ec people; my new bass is giving me soooo much joy it's ridiculous..... and of course my good friends who put up with all my foibles and usually make me crack up laughing.

Having time to do things with my husband as a couple again is fantastic! It's been funny seeing us pick up right where we left off before having all the other responsibilities.

Being only 48 and having 5 grandkids that I'm young enough to really help raise and do things!

Enjoying redoing our home to suit the second half of our lives. I'm having a lot of fun with feng shui methods.

Making new friends (especially from here) that you have so much in common with and can share so many things.

Going to concerts! We've had the opportunity to see groups we grew up with and never thought we'd ever see live. Music is such a joy!

paulie...keep us informed as to how things DEVELOP with your hobby.......heh eek

Okay that was dreadful.

Good news is.....my family is healthy, we do tons of things together, business remains good, not easy, but good.....and the wonderful happenings with ec.com and its members are all good things indeed!

John

What a great idea Ira... sharing good news is chicken soup for the soul! Well, my good news is our family is healthy (Thank God, poo poo poo - Ira, you'll have to explain that), we have been adding new clients that are making up for the ones that are not able to pay (lol) ... and... I'm getting an early start with volunteers who have come forward to help with our E Bunny program!

Check out E Bunny:

communitylink.reviewjournal.com/lvrj/ebunny

I actually meant both good news...and good new things you enjoy...Both are great to read about.

Yes Barbara...I think poo poo poo is related to'"K'neinah Hurah" which I will explain to our Christian friends for a small but reasonable fee. smile -Ira.

I have to say, even though I've never met any of you or Eric in person, I've GREATLY enjoyed sort of being a part of all of your lives for the last eight months. I'm a strong believer in "everything happens for a reason" and I believe that finding this wonderful website has enriched my life. From the wealth of musical knowledge some of you have to the stories about your families, pets, etc. there's never a dull moment. The Youtubes that some of you post are amazing whether music or just some fun facts are always a pleasure. The sense of humor of some of the boardmembers is outstanding too! I can't wait to turn on the computer everyday after work and before supper. Looking forward to Mondays pic is always fun as well. That's what's new with me.So, in a nutshell, thankyou all and I hope someday we will all get a chance to meet in person. LuvLove Ann

Ira, this past year has brought a "mixed bag" of highs and lows for me personally. And, since this is a "good news" thread - I'll be happy to focus on the "best of the best" in my life from this past year.

First, and foremost, how can you express enough gratitude to someone who changed your life forever by simply "getting" what music means in your personal life? It all happened simply by discovering we shared common tastes in music, and, in the process of sharing that music, my friend had the insight to re-introduce me to Eric Carmen's music and his solo collection of works. What a priceless gift!! The new-found joy that I re-experience each time I listen to EC's music, is truly a treasure that will hold a special place in my heart for the rest of my life! I hope no one will ever take for granted the impact great music can have in the lives of music lovers like myself.

Second, finding this site, filled with loyal, caring, and very knowledgeable fans of EC's and the Raspberries, has been a constant source of humor, information, and support from music lovers who share a common passion. Sites like this are rare in today's "cyberworld", and I'm thankful everyday for being able to visit a place where you can feel at home with people that you've never even met before! Hopefully, a reunion concert could change that for many of us (Eric, I hope you are reading this)!!

Last, for me personally, this past year I've been able to take control of my health through weight loss and exercise, and I'm happy to report that I feel and look better physically than I have in years. It's a constant struggle for someone like myself who loves to cook and eat, but I hope I can continue with the lifestyle changes I have implemented this past year!

There are no prizes for guessing what I'm putting. Yep... WAB 5 last year and the days around that Saturday when we visited the USA. happy

The other would be getting the position as a Hospital Chaplain in May last year. I absolutely love the job and it's a real privilege to be able to enter into people's private "space" and journey with them through their time in Hospital or in some cases during their final days. smile

Muzza cool