Is it 1976 again?

marvin

Bob Gainey was a great hockey player. Maybe one of the first that defined the defensive forward as we know it today. Which lead to the Selke award being created. Its difficult to comprehend how they got off to such an incredible start and had such a dramatic implosion? Usually there's some reasons behind that type of collapse so hopefully Gainey and staff can turn it around. It would be good for hockey in general if the Canadians could return to form.

Bob Gainey was a good player and is a good hockey man. He will be worth a few games on his own behind the bench. I may be mistaken, but didn't Gainey have the coaching job when Bobby Clarke was running things in Minnesota when the North Stars were still there? I think they made a pretty deep playoff run.

Anybody see the tribute to Mark Messier Thursday night at MSG? What a night for one of the best players ever and without a doubt the number one leader in hockey. Just a beautiful night with the Rangers winning in overtime. Hockey is fun again here.

Carbonneau has already been appointed coach for next year.

The Canadiens team is loaded with young players with tons of potential. I believe the quick start probably blindsided the organization (and the fans) into thinking that maybe the young players had matured. Reality is that they're probably a year away from being competitve.

Marv

Billy,

Kovalev has been playing in spurts. He's averaging a point a game and when he's on, he's as good as it gets. He also missed 4 weeks due to knee surgery.

Had no idea that he was at Messier's function - nor that he showed up in a Rangers jersey. It wasn't reported in any of the Montreal papers that I read on-line.

Marv