Corned Beef

Billy K.

I noticed something really strange happening on the pricing of corned beef.....as it is considerably more expensive than last year.

It's hard to find a brisket of corned beef for less than $14. as of late. And even the canned version of corned beef has gone up. SPAM, which sits on the shelf, was going for $3.59 a can, while a similar sized can of corned beef(Libby's) was going for $6.08, sitting on the shelf next to it.

Prices on things DO go up. I can understand this.

But there hasn't been a jump--of this much--on prices of other kinds of beef.

Anyone have an explanation??

I noticed something really strange happening on the pricing of corned beef.....as it is considerably more expensive than last year.

It's hard to find a brisket of corned beef for less than $14. as of late. And even the canned version of corned beef has gone up. SPAM, which sits on the shelf, was going for $3.59 a can, while a similar sized can of corned beef(Libby's) was going for $6.08, sitting on the shelf next to it.

Prices on things DO go up. I can understand this.

But there hasn't been a jump--of this much--on prices of other kinds of beef.

Anyone have an explanation??

Speaking of...Corned Beef...and SPAM...try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvK6IcvcWqc

Seems like eveyday life has turned into a battle to keep your money, my latest "battles"...

1. Auto insurance jumps over $500 per year just because, causes me to go shopping, I ended up saving on car and home.

2. Sam's Club charges me $15 late fee for paying my yearly dues late, I haven't won this one yet, but I will. Isn't that an optional payment?

3. Time Warner Cable, just got this one today, monthly increase of $15, WTH? Not sure what to do about this one yet as they are a monopoly.

4. City taxes, laying off firemen, closing Parks and Rec, crying the blues daily in the news, STHU and tighten your belt like everyone else, trim the fat.

5. Food prices in general, have seen drastic increases, got to shop smarter.

I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore

Kiwi and I have just come back from the Supermarket. While we were there we checked out the price of Corned Beef. Silverside, which is supposed to be the better of that and brisket was NZ$10.00 a kilo. Accepting for the sake of simplicity that 1 kilo = 2lbs this means that Billy's 1lb of brisket would costs NZ$5.00 which according to today's exchange rate is.... drum roll please.....US$2.50. Yep... that's right... $2.50 per lb. eekarrghfrown

Muzza cool