Please Pray For Our Sister

Baby Sister

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say thank you to my ec.com family for all the good wishes, prayers and thoughts.So far it is all going really well. They were putting her into a brace so she can sit up in bed this morning. She may be out of ICU either tonight or tomorrow. The kidney surgery is scheduled for this Monday as long as she continues to be as stable as she is now. Her spirits are very high and she is thinking very positive thoughts. Last night we laughed on the phone because for the first time ever after dieting for the last 2 years she weighs less then I do! Anyway, thank you all again the power of prayer is remarkable!

Update : Kidney surgery has been postponed until Wednesday, I am still leaving tomorrow though, will update you through Ernie as the week goes on. I told my sister about this website and all the thoughts, well wishes, and prayers from all of you, she was very moved by it all...I am going to print these pages and read them to her when I get there. Thank you all

Adrienne

Adrienne, if you see this before Monday please ask your sister to find out if they will be doing the surgery to remove the kidney laproscopically.It's the best way.

The conventional way leaves a prety big scar from the 'belly button' all the way around back.

Laproscopically is what was done to me. I have to tiny (what looks like) knife marks in my mid stomach and at the lower part of my stomach maybe a 3 inch long scar.

You can hardly see any of them.

Adrienne, the docs are used to tons of questions so don't hesitate to ask. One of the hardest things about needing medical treatment is being nervous and anxious AND trying to remember what the docs say. You and Ernie are a godsend to your sister, that is for sure!!

my prayers to you and your family...always. praypraypraypray

Just got back from the morning visit. Bonnie is doing well her appetite is good and her spirits are high and she is thinking positive thoughts. We went to Target and got all kinds of stickers to decorate her back brace and I got some funky nail polish for her fingers and toes! Anything to make her smile makes me happy. Its going to be a rough haul but will all your thoughts and prayers I know we are going to make it ok.

Hi Adrianne: I just got on tonight for the first time in a while myself... I know what its like to have a health crisis in the family... I was going to just come on and thank everyone for the support they have shown my sister Vera and myself...but when I saw what you and your brother are going through... I also had to extend any support for you all that I could... Please let your sister know, I really understand all her emotions right now and that I pray for you all...Please take care of yourselves...Valorie

HI all,

Bonnie is doing very well since Wednesday when the kidney that contained the primary tumor was removed. The tumor itself was 12cm. She did need a transfusion last night but I spoke to her this morning and she sounded great. I'm not sure how long she will have to wear the brace.She will be going to a rehab facility when she is released from the hospital and then they will begin chemo. Its going to be a long haul but she is amazingly strong and I think we can beat this! Again thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during this really difficult time.