Dancing With The Stars, Anyone Watching?

luvthemraspberries

Hi Everyone,

For those that are watching DWTS, I'm asking a really, really big favor lol...I've been watching since the start of the season, since one of the contestants is someone I've grown up with and have admired so very much over the years, Marie Osmond ~ she's in really big need of our help with voting online tonight, if anyone is possibly able to place some votes for her that would be just awesome ~ she's had a very hard and sad past week, with her father having passed away last Tuesday, my heart breaks for her and I would so hate to see her go this week, she's worked so hard to get where she is!

If anyone is able to vote, the address to place your votes is:

www.abc.go.com/primetime/dancingwiththestars

The deadline for online voting is 12 noon EST, Tuesday! smile

And here's the link for where you go to register, only takes about one minute and is quite easy (even for a 'puter newbie like me lol!)!! All that's needed is an active e-mail address wink

https://register.go.com/abc/register/register

Thanks so much everyone for reading my post and for any votes!!

Hugs, luvthemraspberries

It's a real hoot to watch the antics at our local bike night once the clock hits 7:45. A number of the group mumble lame excuses, sidle out the door, mount their motorcycles and rumble off home, just in time to catch DWTS. haha Certainly puts paid the notion that motorcylists are uncultured louts, dosen't it?

While I applaud Marie Osmond's forty-something foray into the world of ballroom dancing and am impressed (and envious) by her weight loss and showmanship, her last performance was sadly lacking in content. Let's keep this a competition, not a popularity contest.

My prediction? Helio takes the flag while Mel B comes in a spicey second! laugh

It's a real hoot to watch the antics at our local bike night once the clock hits 7:45. A number of the group mumble lame excuses, sidle out the door, mount their motorcycles and rumble off home, just in time to catch DWTS. haha Certainly puts paid the notion that motorcylists are uncultured louts, dosen't it?

While I applaud Marie Osmond's forty-something foray into the world of ballroom dancing and am impressed (and envious) by her weight loss and showmanship, her last performance was sadly lacking in content. Let's keep this a competition, not a popularity contest.

My prediction? Helio takes the flag while Mel B comes in a spicey second! laugh

With all due respect...her performance was sadly lacking in content, because her father had just passed away mid-week, the week before ~ and she buried her father the Friday, before, DWTS was on, Monday (besides the entire Osmond family taping OPRAH, Thursday the week before).

It was a tough week for Marie I'm sure, my heart goes out to her. I thought her first performance was just beautiful, and truly captured the *essence* of the rumba (JMHO) wink

Hey there, luvthemraspberries. I didn't mean to sound cold heated or anything towards Marie. Truly a tragic and hectic week for her to be sure. It is unfortunate that these things occur at the most inopprotune times. Still, competitions must go on, and may the best man or woman win. I give Marie and Jane Seymour three heartfelt "tens" for pushing past the the pain and being the ultimate super troupers. kingkingking

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Reid C.:

<strong> Hey there, luvthemraspberries. I didn't mean to sound cold heated or anything towards Marie. Truly a tragic and hectic week for her to be sure. It is unfortunate that these things occur at the most inopprotune times. Still, competitions must go on, and may the best man or woman win. I give Marie and Jane Seymour three heartfelt "tens" for pushing past the the pain and being the ultimate super troupers. happy

I've always loved Marie. I remember when she danced with Andy Williams at age 4 and he asked if she would come back and dance with him when she was 16, and she did. Marie has always been a consummate professional and a true performer and she's put her heart and soul into this competition.

It's not just about the dancing, either. Many of the contestants aren't dancers. Performers who aren't dancers but put themselves through the rigorous training and take the risk really deserve a standing ovation. In the end, they may not be the most polished dancers, but they're real troupers and they have "heart," which shows a real depth of character.

As Glenn Close once said (talking about her "sex in the kitchen" scene in Fatal Attraction), "if you're afraid to take a risk, why are you an actor?" Any true performer must be willing to take a risk and put his/her art out there. It usually results in their best performance, and if it doesn't, one learns a valuable lesson he/she otherwise wouldn't have. Any artist must take risks in order to grow. I enjoy Dancing With The Stars because it explores that dimension of each star's personality.

smile --Darlene

As a former dance instructor, I do feel somewhat qualified to say Marie is definitely not the best dancer on the show. They had a good bunch this time around, but Helio should win if it's judged on the dancing. Unfortunately it's not, it's a popularity contest, so it could realistically go to anyone.

Marie did a great job, no doubt, but in all fairness, Jane's mother died during the show too, and that didn't make Jane a shoe-in, and Marie shouldn't be one because her father died. If she was the best dancer, yes, she should win, but IMO, she isn't. But there is that sympathy vote, and 124 other Osmonds to make phone calls on her behalf. She could take it.

As an aside, I think what Larry King did to her last week absolutely reeked, he should have been tarred and feathered!

story

You really nailed it, Darlene. Our little group of Monday night couch hoofers have all compared the early performances with what is being offered up now, and the increase in skill, stamina, and technique is truly amazing. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears have been invested by these celebs, and it really shows. Perhaps a bit cilche', but there are only winners here.

I didn't see the Larry King interview. Only King knows wheather this was a favor for Marie or just scooping the tabloids, but I will go with JuliaD's call. A bit extreme perhaps, but my flock will be more than happy to contribute all the feathers needed for this endeavour. eekcrazylaugh

I don't know if Marie is being gracious or if she really knows that Larry was trying to defuse the tabloid leak by letting it out gently.

I don't watch Larry King enough to know either.

In these hectic times, anyone can have a (you choose the relative) in rehab. 'Tis a sign of the times, unfortunately.

I didn't realize Jane's mother had passed away either. I didn't see all of the episodes of DWTS.

I do know Jane's mom was a lovely lady and my sympathies go out to both Marie and Jane. It doesn't matter at what age one loses a parent--one still feels like an orphan.

--Darlene

I don't watch Larry King at all, I found out about the incident was because it was on GMA. Really, I think Marie is just being gracious in "letting it go", to my way of thinking, if Larry was just trying to be a friend he could have taken her aside BEFORE the show, told her the tabloids had the scoop, and asked her how she wanted to proceed. The astonishment on her face when he said it was combined with hurt, you could see it. Obviously I don't know either of them so I can't really say what the intent was for sure, but to me, it looked like Larry took a cheap shot.

The dancers were great tonight, and I think it can still be anyone's game. My least favorite is Jenny. I like Julianne and Helio best, followed very closely by Mel B. She's really turning into "scary" tho, huh? Those outfits and dances, geez... methinks she's a closet dominatrix haha

Had a few more than usual for the weekly DWTS gathering and shrimp and pasta dinner. Seems to be more interest as the final show nears and the competition becomes closer than ever. Marie looked cute, professional and finally got those hips working. Good on ya, gal! Jenny's costumes and music for her first dance were atrocious, but that wicked Cha Cha was to die for. Helio and Julianne did a smashing Waltz, but with all due respect to the judges, their final outing just didn't seem up to par. Mel B and Max cleaned the board with two runs of well deserved tens. The kitten with the whip themed Paso (maybe panther might be more appropo)did beg the question, just who is her costumer and, how do I get that job? crazylaugh

The final group tally was discussed over coffee, spotted dick (Oh, go look it up!) :rolleyes: and CHOCOLATE FISH, spin thoughfully provided by our own Kiwi and Muzza. Thanks you two, that was a real hit! Results were a dead heat between Mel and Helio, with dark horse Marie running third but weilding a massive popular vote. Jenny will probably be saying sayronara tomorrow night. Offcial results tomorrow.

Yes, Julia, I believe you are right. The results I posted were my humble opinions. And, we aren't worried about our choice of dessert. The Penicillin shooters consumed afterwards should keep any contagion in check. eye

Who else but a New Zealander would have a can of of Spotted Dick on hand in the pantry? Anne whipped up some custard and cream as a topping and it was incredible. Marilyn, you people down under eat pretty well. I can't wait for her holiday pumpkin soup with cream, sherry, and chives. LuvLove