Bagel Run

angelina

You can take the boy out of Brooklyn....But you can't take Brooklyn out of the boy!

John...please mail me a cinnamon raisin bagel via overnight delivery. wink

Thanks from another former resident of Marine Park/Sheepshead Bay.-Ira.

Okay it's Sunday morning....I'm off to our local bagel store (transplanted NYers). Who wants what?

John

Everything bagel...LOTS of cream cheese even though I'm not really eating dairy anymore. One can't do the old bagel without the old cream cheese. That's just wrong!

Thanks John, I give you the money when I see you! wink

ROFLMAO Ira. ha ha ha laugheekspineyehappy

Irving's Pizzeria!!!! Booyah Indeed. Actually Ira...there were a few kosher pizzarias near Brooklyn College in the 70's. They were quite good.

I went with the "Deluxe Dozen" which is actually fifteen bagels (5 plain, 5 cinnamon raisin, 5 everything...with two cream cheeses, plain and walnut raisin, plus the NY Times & Naples Daily News). I guess I'll be doing extra cardio this week!

John

Oh, this is just almost cruel! I LOVE real bagels and there aren't any in Springberg. (Ask ScentLady about my real bagel cravings.) We used to have a fabulous store, but the man who owned it burned himself out and the rest of us paid the price. Agree with MJ that rock salt is good, love pumpernickel, too...heck, I can eat my way through almost all varieties, just as long as they aren't too froo-froo (i.e. sweet). And real cream cheese rock, too - olives are especially tasty in it...

S*

drooling all over her keyboard

The closest visual I know to give you is the way salt looks on a soft pretzel. Your basic delicious bagel with rock salt on the outside - yum!

So - when are we all gong to have an excuse to go on that bagel run live and in person? smile

S*