More prayers needed for Kayla

Sherberries

Remember how I told you I would be doing double the prayers because I would be telling my niece Kayla that someone who shares her name needs special prayers to help heal her owee...now getting this news from you...you have my strength, support anytime you may need and our prayers always...you see, I can unfortunately relate...when I had an emergency appendectomy I developed MRSA. It was quite scarey for me so I can only imagine what is going through your family's minds right now. The good thing is they can catch it quick and treat it fast with wonderful "superantibiotics" via IV. She is exactly where she needs to be and I know the whole gown/mask thing can seem a little overwhelming/freaked out BUT I truly believe that Kayla will fight her way through this and in a relatively short period of time be back to her beautiful young self again!! Like I said, double duty on special prayers and if you need to talk I am here...I know all about it from first hand experience so if my knowledge can make things a lil less scarey feel free to contact me OK??!! Please keep us updated on your sweet lil niece!! pray

Groan! Not the news that I (or certainly anyone else here) wants to hear. Sherry, I'm so sorry Kayla is having to face still more hurdles. Please tell her and her loved ones that they are in my thoughts and prayers. Same goes for you and Joe, too. All my best and love. praywinkLuvLove

Reid

It's a frightening thing, MRSA, but it can be treated, so my thoughts and prayers are with you. I remember my father having it when he was 84, and staff everywhere now know what precautions to take. He was well taken care of.

No one is ever alone, and you'll be in my prayers.

Good news, she doesn't have MRSA! It's a staph infection. She is now on IV antibiotics for 48 hours. She should be able to go home on Monday and take oral antibiotics. I spoke with her yesterday, and she's going to the playroom and watching movies at the clinic, and she was starting to get bored, which is a great sign. She's no longer in pain either. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers! I told her lots of people are praying for her, and she was pleased.

Sherry