Laura Branigan dies

Matthew C. Clark

That's horrible! I was never a fan of her music, but to pass away at that age! She's was only 2 years older then me. When I read what caused her death , I had chills, since two nights ago I experienced the worst headache in my entire life. I had never had a migraine headache before, and it was so bad my wife wanted to take me to the hospital. If I have it again, I'm definetly going after hearing this news...

Jeff

I had migraines for several years, at the rate of 5 to 8 per week. My doctor thought I had a brain tumor, but after 3 years of having my life ruined by them, we figured out that the cause was Nutrasweet. Having a headache for a day or 2 is not all that unusual, but she should have sought medical help after that. 2 weeks was too long (obviously). Such a waste....

Migraine is a terrible affliction. It's more than a headache--you're whole body gets sick. I become neurologically impaired, can't walk well and bump into walls. We haven't found out what triggers mine. The allergist thinks it's "silent allergies," that don't show up on any test. NH Bushman, you are VERY lucky you found out what causes yours.

Migraines last 72 hours at the outset, which can be 4 days. After that, it's not a migraine. It could be a cluster headache (which men get more than women, and men have literally jumped out of windows with them!) If anyone has a headache worse than they've ever had in their lives, and are nauseous, etc, go IMMEDIATELY to a doctor or hospital, because even if it's not life-threatening, migraine or any other headache needs to be checked out to rule out something much worse.

--D

That's sad, if she lived two weeks with an aneurysm that had ruptured (or had been in the process of rupturing), chances are excellent she could have been saved had she sought medical help. My favorite uncle died at age 38 of a ruptured brain aneurysm, just 11 days after my wedding. Two weeks to the day I walked down the aisle, my uncle's casket was rolled down the same aisle. The memories of that day will haunt me till I die myself, maybe longer. I had his 3 kids when they found out their daddy died. I will never be able to forget their pained screams and tears, it was the worst day of my life.

And I only found out about a month ago that a former coworker of mine, and a good friend had an aneurysm 4 years ago, at age 46. She said she was playing cards online with her friends when she got a sudden severe headache and felt nauseated. She knew something was wrong, crawled on her hands and knees to wake her husband, and went to the hospital where her daughter worked. The daughter knew right away what was going on, and she was in surgery within minutes of arriving at the hospital. She said had her daughter not been there, and she had to "go thru the motions" most of us go thru in ER's, she would be dead. We were good friends when she lived in PA, but she moved to Las Vegas 12 years ago and we lost touch. I only recently was able to track her down and found out all of this. She's only 50 now, and she is okay, but she said she can no longer work, and she has to wear clothing with no buttons, snaps, or zippers, and only slide on shoes, no shoelaces, buckles, etc, because she can't control her hands well enough to dress herself if she wears those things. And she's only 50. I can't even imagine being in that kinda shape at any age, let alone 50 (which I am now).

I've had migraines so bad that I've literally banged my head against cement walls to ease the pain. The migraines got really bad right before I got pregnant - they had gone from lasting 4-6 hours to lasting 3-4 days. During the pregnancy I had almost constant headaches, and lived for Demerol shots. Since the birth, I've been almost migraine free (yeah! Knock wood!). If we get a really severe thunderstorm, I get a bit of one, but nothing like I used to have...

By the way, for those of you who've never had one, this will give you an idea of the pain. During migraines I BEG for medication... during labour with my son (46 hours) I never had any drugs, and thought the pain wasn't too bad in comparison to migraines. I was waiting for the 'real' pain to hit, but it never got so bad I needed medication. I guess I've learned how to tolerate pain pretty well with my headaches.

You know from the 80's I liked listening to

"Gloria", and "Self Control", I liked "Self Control" better.

I first heard that song at a bar.

I wanted that song, I liked that song, I liked

Laura, too.

Not too long ago, someone had thrown out, Self Control, album, it is good.

It even has my favourite song onit

"SELF CONTROL". she had self control allright.

How long has been having this Brain Anorysmn?

She did terrific up until now.

It's a shocking headline to read, when you hear a great singer die.

Just like, Elvis, Or a beatle, Or anyone to be frank.

God bless, my prayers go to the Branigan Family.

lost control, pregnancy does complicate other things in the body, as far as nerves go. Much of this has to do with swelling of the tissues putting pressure on a nerve.

As a result, you will feel pain in places in areas where it is not supposed to be. My sister had a problem with the sciatic nerve. She would be in a lot of pain, all over her back and neck. B

But the cause of the problem was swollen tissues in her leg pressing on the nerve. Once doctors found out what was going on, all it took was some support hose with ace bandage wrapped around it to do the trick.

I personally had a health scare in the early part of this year. While I was driving, my right arm and right side of my face went totally numb, out of the blue. Went right to the ER for tests.

As it turns out, it was a condition called "parasthesia".....essentially nerves acting up due to stress. But it was a "cause and effect" thing---I had worked three weeks straight without a day off, during the Xmas rush. And some of these were 10-12 hour days, holding over for overtime.

This, operating on limited sleep, no exercise and having other stressful issues, contributed to this.

Needless to say, I am pacing myself better these days after that scare. Only heath problems I am having now are allergies and sinus headaches...

Ah, yes! The airport! I was going to mention that, too. I used to work for American Airlines at one of their hubs, and Christmas was excruciating! Not only is it intensely busy, but winter weather throughout the entire airline's system (nationwide/worldwide!) affects EVERYTHING! Did you work for an airline?

Jennifer

Wow, you're not lying when you say pregnancy complicates things in the body! In my case, it was extreme fluctuations in hormone levels that caused the migraines. Since my hormones aren't quite back to normal yet since having the baby (I'm still nursing), I don't know if the migraines are going to return or not. I might just keep nursing until the kid is in University if it will stop me from ever having a migraine again! eek

If I sign over the video rights to you for the videos, Tony, next thing you know I'll be more famous than Paris Hilton and her little wimpy online video! I want to keep our special nights together as something private - something only known to you, me, and the group of 80-odd people we had the Mazola Party with. As Paul Simon once sang, "Slip Slidin' away..." eek