"Tell Me Why"-(?).......

ira

1-People pay triple the price for "Shake N' Bake" instead of buying "Shop-Rite Italian-Flavored Bread Crumbs" and a big box of "Gallon Size Glad Freezer Bags"...which they can then use for shakin' AND many other household uses.

2-People call up "Oldies" request shows on Saturday Nights and ask to hear some ridiculously overplayed tune like "California Dreamin". (If they listen to these shows...they gotta be "Oldies" fans already and musta heard this and "Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In"...a trillion times...Don'tcha think?)

3-People watch "Maury" This former serious newsman doesn't even play his own version of "Let's Pretend" and doesn't even attempt vary his sordid topics like "Jerry Springer" does.4 out of 5 of his shows consist of a single mom accusing someone of being her baby's true dad...But often she has slept with so many men during the suspected time of pregnancy...that 3,4,or 5, guys take DNA tests till she finds "Mr.Wonderful"!

So here's the deal....

Please...You are all invited to post stuff in everyday life that makes you go..."Why do people do that stuff"?...PLUS if you have an answer or theory to any of the stuff someone else here has wondered about....Please...Post that here too!

To those of you who like football..."Happy Divisional Playoff Weekend".

To those of you expecting heavy snow..."Good Luck and God Bless Us All"! pray -Ira.

There can be 5 or 50 people shopping in any store and suddenly they all want to check out at the same time.

There's nothing but tumbleweed in the mall during a 50% off sale, but on tax free weekend everyone in town lines up to save 9.75%.

People drive around for 15 minutes looking for the parking space closest to the door when they could already be inside shopping by the time they decide to where park.

Tell me why geriatric packs of senior citizens clog up the aisles at Sam's or Costco ..clamoring over the free, crappy food while I'm racing through the store during a break at work. They never actually BUY anything and tend to come out at lunch time. mad

Tell me why I have to press #1 for english?

Finally...the most overused word in pop culture today......"amazing". Count how many times the word "amazing" is used by celebrities on award shows. (This coming from a guy that still says booyah!)

John

Boopel...There are people who also wait for the closest parking spot when they arrive at the gym...Then proceed to work out like crazy for an hour...but walkin' a coupla extra feet upon arrival and leaving is unacceptable..."Tell Me Why"? confused -Ira.

Tell me why, when you ask a person a simple yes or no question, they give you a 5 minute one sided conversation without ever saying just YES or NO... confused

OR:

Tell me why, when going out to dinner with male friends, they always give the check to the men at the table, even if it's 3 women and 1 man? confused

Giro...I really don't wanna take this thread off on a tangent...But can you name a coupla other Beatles tunes that have a little falsetto like "Tell Me Why"...The Beatles never did much falsetto if I recall correctly.-Ira.

"Is there anything I can dooooooooo" - From Me To You

"And when I ask you to be mi--iiiiiiine" - I Should Have Known Better"

They were more one word falsettos than a complete line like in "Tell Me Why".

"You're Gonna Looooooooose That Girl".

Giro...Do we count the kinda high vocals in "Because" from "Abbey Road"...I ain't sure!-Ira.

Now back to stuff you can't believe people do that makes you wonder "What's Goin' On"?

Tell me why people workin' in McDonalds and getting paid "Nada" "UnGatz" "Bupkis" will not give you an extra Sweet N' Sour Sauce" without adhering to company policy of charging something for that second packet.-Ira.

Just did a day trip to Philly last Saturday, to see The Dickies and my friends Kitty & The Kowalskis at some dump of a club there where the heat had been turned off since the last show (2 weeks before!).......Had a cheesesteak at Geno's (waited in line for 1/2 hour) - why is the bread so damn much better there than anywhere down South here??? (NOTE: Steak & cheese weren't that much better....but the bread was out of this world!)

Tell me why people play "Gotcha"...Waiting for you to screw up instead of subscribing to the sage advice of the Beatles who proclaimed way back in '65 or thereabouts...that "Life is much too short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend"-Ira.

Tell me why some people say "I could care less" when they don't care about something. Say "I couldn't care less" Dammit!

Tell me why people say "hot water heater". It's a 'water heater'. If the water was already hot, why the hell would you heat it?

Ha! Good stuff, BeatleJay!

My tell-me-why is:

* Tell me why most people seem to think that it's okay to yabber away on a cell phone while driving 80 miles on a highway. I mean, even the "best" of us will take or place a call while we're driving a motor vehicle, but... it's not the safest thing to do, is it? (It hit me once when I was engaged in a business call on the Mass Pike and went 30 miles past my exit before I realized it! Yikes.)