Autism Speaks Video - View this and Raise Money

AnniekNY

Hi everyone - one of my classmates sent this and i thought you all would be able to help out! Autism is a pervasive developmental disorder marked by abnormal or impaired social interaction and communication. Causes are unknown (lots of theories) and treatments are also varied.

Autism Speaks created a music video of the Five for Fighting song, "World", which features images of autistic children and their families. It is a truly moving video and was the work of Bill Shea.

The band is generously donating $0.49 to Autism Speaks for each time the video is viewed - the funding goes toward research studies to help

find a cure. When you have a moment, please visit the link below to watch the video and pass it along to your friends and family. They are

aiming for 10,000 hits, but hopefully we can help them to surpass this goal.

http://www.whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com/

thanks - annie

Thanks Annie for this post. It hit me in a couple of ways. Most importantly, I have a close co-worker with a teenage daughter who has Autism. I hear about their daily struggles and joys and accomplishments. She has dreams of her daughter gaining some independence in her adulthood but at this point in time that is just a dream. I will be sharing this site with others. Also, I really like the band Five for Fighting. I listen to their first cd often and there isn't a song on it that I do not like.

Neat, thanks for sharing AnnieKNY,

The three year old boy I'm working with is mildly autistic, besides other problems, he is darling child with a beautiful smile.

We are very blessed to be very near the Dan Marino Center, they have a huge focus on autism it is a great help. It is the most frustrating disease and so little is known. So we move step by step, dancing for joy at the progress and ignoring the set backs.

He still loves "You took me all the way "-EC, and swimming. I hope none of the crazy things we try are ever caught on video!

But this is the Last child I will work with, I'm worn out, and it is time for a change.

Good for Five for Fighting I will buy their music.

I am so happy for the amount of attention Autism is finally drawing.

As many of you know I have been working for the past 5 years with people with disabilities and Autism is one which some who came to my courses had.

These are kids, young people, adults who are often misunderstood, even feared. BUT they are people with huge potential and heaps to give... the partnerships we form with these people will often help them fulfill their dreams, realise their ambitions, reach their potential. They need us AND BOY do we need them.

Thanks Annie. I loved the video about the two sons.

Muzza cool

PS.. Kiwi above me here was speechless... laugh