Peter Noone

JuliaAllByMyself

I went to see "The Solid Silver 60's Show' a couple of nights ago, with The Dakotas, Brian Hyland, John Walker (of The Walker Brothers), Wayne Fontana, and Peter Noone, and I was sitting in the front row wearing my EricCarmen.com t-shirt. Peter did a lot of his hits and when he sang “I Can Take or Leave Your Loving”, at the end of the song on the talking bit, he changed some words to:

“I won't miss her..

When it comes to your loving, I can take it or leave it

......but I'll miss EricCarmen.com”

I went with my sister and a friend and we thought that was brilliant!! I keep thinking about it since and chuckling to myself. It was a great show and when Peter said that, it made it even better!

Peter Noone is really nice. I met him a year or two ago when I was wearing an Eric Carmen t-shirt and when he saw it he remarked that “Eric Carmen had a great website” and that he thought “Eric was great”. I grew up in the 60's liking Peter Noone/Herman's Hermits and first met him when I was only nine in 1970. My most favourite records were "Silhouettes' (which belonged to my sister) and "My Sentimental Friend' which I used to play endlessly. I think it's great that both Eric and Peter have proved to be really nice people.

cool

Julie,how cool ! That was very impressive. But you know what I'm really impressed with are Erics fans. Especially on this site. Its truly amazing how loyal we all are. And Bernies dedication is unsurpassed.You would think Eric could do a little something for us or at least Bernie. We have re-wrote Erics career, looked at it upside down,sideways

from back to front and every other way possible. Wouldn't it be nice to get an unreleased song from Eric. Maybe even signed? It would only be a couple hundred copies. We go crazy for any tid bit of info or news. Hey a pat on the back every now and then goes a long way. But again I must state with out any reservation you folks,while some of you are a little out there are some mighty impressive fans and you all deserve a BIG THANK YOU for being so loyal !!!!

Peter Noone is one of the most likeable (and talented) blokes out there. Genuinely nice. His voice has actually gotten better with age, believe it or not. When he does 'Listen People, it's like angels singing. (That's an outstanding song just begging to be redone by someone...)

Bob Allen

Syracuse, NY

In college I loved the "There's a Kind of Hush" album, which had "No Milk Today" on it. I LOVED "No Milk Today." I still have the album. I used to improvise on the violin along with it, which would foreshadow my studio musician experience. Peter was so cute I had quite the crush on him. Once, when I was teaching in Illinois and was coming home on a bus from Chicago, he got on the bus (must have been touring) with some fellow bandsmen. My heart just flipped, but I was so shy I just sat riveted to my seat the whole four hours he was on the bus and didn't approach him to say a word. After he got off the bus, I was sorry.

He was really cool.

smile --Darlene

Maybe the ladies can help out here...I've always wondered how you're supposed to read the t-shirts without being accused of staring at the framework. I assume (dangerous) that if a shirt has writing on it the person wearing it would assume (even more dangerous) that people will want to read it. So, ladies, what is the proper way to read the shirt; out of the corner of my eye, or like a chameleon- you know, one eye on the shirt and one making eye contact with you, or what? Little help, please. Kirk.

Well, Kirk, just speaking for myself, and not the other ladies on the board.....

Ya see, I'm a double-D girl--so, I'm kind of used to not being complimented on my pretty blue eyes...... So, with me, go ahead and read the shirt, have the decency to blush and maybe grin, and then tell me I have pretty blue eyes. Ok?

--Julie wink

Back to Peter Noone...If you can find the soundtrack to 'Hold On' - the movie Herman's Hermits made in 1966 - you will not be disappointed. It contains a number of great '60s pop tunes, most of which you have never heard before. When I was 11, this platter was spinning on my little turntable constantly. I located an unsealed copy of it in Vermont last year at a flea market - $2 - and I'm happy to report that it's still spinning on my turntable (different turntable of course)!

Bob Allen

Syracuse, NY

• 2 weeks later...

I've always been petite, so, like Laura, when anyone was looking at my shirt, I always assumed he was reading it. In the glory days, there was plenty to read. I had a very light blue washed denim jacket and matching shorts, and embroidered in light lilac a raspberry and wrote "Raspberries" across the back of the jacket and the back of the short shorts. I don't know what happened to the jacket, but I still have the shorts. They are size 2! I would have to lose a few pounds to get back into them. I'm trying...

smile --Darlene